Chapter 10. Cemetery

Chapter 10.

Lila's POV

I told Tate everything. When I first moved in, When I met Jack, when he brutally murdered my mother. And just now, when he had hugged me. It felt so good to tell someone.

Tate's expression was shocked. His mouth fell open and his eyes were wide. "Don't go near him." He said sternly. "I can't what if he finds me on his own I can't-" he cut me off. "I'll protect you." He hugged me. I hugged back. I felt safe with Tate. He pulled away. "I think your mother deserves a proper funeral..." He said looking down.

I nodded. "But no one will come, Most of my family is in Alabama..." Tate stayed quiet for a moment before speaking up. "Then It'll be just you, me and your brother." I nodded. "Where's the body?" I froze. Oh right. "It's uh...It's in the backyard burried..."

"You mean we're gonna have to..."

"Yeah..." I scuffed at the ground with my shoe. "Well it's worth it, let's go get a shovel." Tate said, leading himself to the backyard.

----------------------------------------

After Tate and I dug up my mom, We got my brother. Tate's father owned the cemetery up here so we decided to burry her there.

We all walked down the graveyard, Tate carried the casket. As much as I wanted to help carry, I'd brake down and cry. It was about 9 a clock at night. I didn't want to be seen by people, I didn't want to be questioned so we decided it would be best to come at a later point in the day.

I didn't like cemetery's. Half the reason being there is dead people all around but, More that being here fills you with the most intense feeling of sadness and depression.

We came across a deep square hole. Tate looked at me then down to the hole. He put the casket in gently. Danny was silently crying, holding onto Tate like he was being pulled Away. Picking up the shovel I began to cover up the home until The casket was covered. "Take Danny back to the house and stay there with him, please. I want to be alone for a while..." I said in a weak tone. Tate didn't speak but only nodded, picking up Danny and carrying him out of the cemetery.

I kneeled down next to my mothers grave. After I was sure they left, I broke down right there. I couldn't breath for a moment. "It was my fault..." I cried. "You died, because of me..." I gritted my teeth and yelled. "I'm sorry mom , I'm-I'm Sorry!" The tears were not stopping. I only stopped when I heard the gates to the cemetery open. I froze. I quickly wiped my tears away, Still not able to pull myself fully together.

I saw a boy walk in, About my age. His hands were in his hoodie pockets and the moon illuminated his figure. He was extremely pale. His black hair falling over his eyes. He kept his head down. I couldn't see his face. His white hoodie was stained with a bit of red and the hood was pulled up as I could see. He wore black dress pants and black and white converse.

I panicked. I didn't want anyone to see me like this. I got up quickly but kicked the shovel making a loud clinging sound. The boy looked up and I gasped, stumbling back. His face was cut, his mouth was formed into a smile. His eyes were ringed black and they didn't blink. We locked eyes. Even though he was a little far away, I could see every detail. We stood still, not leaving each other's eyes. I couldn't think so without hesitation I stumbled, caught my grip and ran.

I heard footsteps behind me as I ran. I knew he was following me. I kept running though. I was breathing heavily and thoughts raced through my head. I caught my foot on a tombstone and tripped, sending me down to the ground, hitting my head on the tomb, I bled violently. I groaned and shut my eyes tightly holding my head. I heard someone chuckle, I knew it was the boy in the white hoodie. His voice was a little cold and raspy as he talked. "Why do you run? You cannot hide, Lila." I gasped and opened my eyes. He knew my name.

"Please..." I whinned. The boy shook his head, his unblinking eyes didn't leave mine. "Lila..." He stopped and pulled out a knife. It already had thick red blood on it. "Go.To.Sleep!" He lunged at me, I shut my eyes tightly preparing for my death. But nothing happened. I opened my eyes again to see Jack. The boy's knife was dug deep into Jack's stomach. Black blood leaked from Jack and spilled on the ground. "Jack!" I cried.