Chapter. 21 Contemplating

A part of me wanted to scream and run...But the other part of me wanted to know what the hell was going on. It was clear to see he was going to take an organ from me. I looked back to the empty jar with my name on it. Maybe Jeff's right, I should stay far away from Jack, Move away- hell maybe Tate will consider coming with me. Danny...I'd have to protect Danny too. I can't let Danny go like mother had. Was Jeff right? Was jack...A monster? A heartless killer?

But if he was...Why did he kiss me? Why did he tell me he loved me? Why did he risk his own life to save mine? I replayed the memory of the cemetery, I had been crying at the grave of my mother, as Jeff approached. Saying those three godawful words. "Go.To.Sleep." What was what rang in my ears before the sound of flesh being torn into and a thud, when Jack had saved me. And...If Jack really did love me...Why would he be planning to do harm to me?...

This was all too confusing. How did I ever get entwined in this mess...I should have done...Something.

Just then the room I was in faded out and the world began to swirl. I shut my eyes tightly, awaiting for it to end. As I opened them again, I was where I had been before I came into that house of hallways. In Tate's house. In the living room. Everything was dark still. And it was still nighttime, indicating Tate and Danny should still be asleep. I didn't want to stay here. It's not safe, Jeff knows where I am and so does Jack. I turned to the clock as it read 5:42am. I have no choice but to stay here, though. Where would I go if I left? Plus, I had to think about Danny...

I guess the best thing to do for now was to sleep, I could figure this all out sometime soon. I locked all the windows and doors, A little paranoid. After all that's happened...Who knows what could happen next. I just need to stay away from Jeff and Jack, and protect Danny. I turned to the couch and had laid down, although I knew I wouldn't be getting much sleep.