Chater 15. Echoes

Lila's POV (Unedited)

After that shower I came out of the bathroom. I jumped a little when I opened the door, Danny stood in front of me, Rubbing his eyes. "Lila," He whined. "I had a bad dream." I frowned And picked him up. He laid his head on my Shoulder. "Do you want to tell me about your dream?" I asked.

He shook his head quickly. "Why not?" Danny shrugged silently. "Cause' I can't remember it...All I remember was the part when the big scary man saw us." I blinked. "I was in the dream?" He nodded, Trying to find a way to snuggle deeper into my shoulder. Big scary man? Could Danny have had the same dream I had? I comforted him, running my hand on his back then sighed, walking out of the bathroom with him.

"Tate's mom wants to meet you, Danny." I tried to sound excited, But it came out flatly. He didn't seem too excited himself, He just nodded. I set him down slowly and motioned for him to follow. We entered the kitchen, we heard a gasp and then a laugh, "Oh, what a cute one you are." She smiled brightly at Danny.

That smile.

Smile. The same feeling I got a while ago came back. And I knew exactly what was coming to thought. I didn't like it. But it was the only thing I could picture when I heard that word.

Now I was thinking of the boy in the white hoodie again. His horrifying details. I remember so clearly, Every little detail. Nothing seemed to be vague. Those non-blinking eyes, staring. They looked so ready. Waiting. His pale skin. Almost as if he was burnt himself. It wasn't hard to picture him in my mind. Then I heard a faint echoed yell in the back of my head. Lila, he had said. Go To Sleep! I bit my lip hard, hearing those last three words. Those terrifying words.

Then I remembered, Jack. His quick movements. It happened all too quick. Then I heard the deep sickening sound of the knife, being brought down into Jack's stomach. Jack's squeals of air. The blood. The laughter of the white hooded boy. The look in his eyes. Pure happiness. Satisfaction. Pleased with his own decision. My expression; Wide eyed, Horrified. And yet I just sat there with Jack in my arms as the boy dashed off.

I had a nagging feeling that boy would be back to finish what he originally wanted. Me. I felt a hand on my shoulder. Tate looked down at me, His happy expression faded, Noticing mine. We exchanged looks. He knew I was thinking. I had too many things on my mind. That boy. Jack. Danny's dream. My dream. The fire. Jack mostly. For some odd reason, I wanted to see Jack. I needed him, I needed to know that he is okay, That the boy hasn't found him again and killed him, Just to make sure he doesn't get in the way while the boy kills me.

Danny and Tate's mom was now playing Sudoku together. They were laughing and smiling brightly at one another. They both looked so peaceful. My eye sight flickered. When I looked back at them now; Their faces. Torn and bloody, Martha, Tate's mom was missing one eye and was looking straight at me. The cord that attached to her eye socket dangled. Danny turned to me slowly. I sucked in a gasp. I backed away. His face was ripped. Stabbed. Peeled. Blood was everywhere.

What's happening?!

How did this happen?!

Danny grinned for a moment before moving his head in a circle like movement. "Die." He repeated. "Die, Lila." His voice was more of a singing tone now. Then his voice got strong. "DIE LILA, DROP TO YOUR KNEES!" He laughed. It didn't sound like Danny at all...Was this happening? Am I asleep? This is a dream...it has to be a dream!

Spinning, Spinning, Spinning. The room was spinning in circles around me. I felt dizzy. I felt sick. My eye sight became dim. There was shouting in the distance. I heard my name in whispers. "Lila. Lila. Lila." Then they sped up, They sounded more in an angry tone, "Lila. Lila. Lila." Then it all went silent. The room got darker. "LILA." the voice screamed, So loud I thought my head might explode. The room was black now. I felt myself collapse onto the cold floor. The echoes and voices still yelling from all different directions. Some loud and some soft...