Chapter 6. Dying A Cats Death

Chapter 6

Lila's POV

I woke slowly and yawned. I stretched my arms out and grinned. The sun was out today. This is what California should look like. God was I hungry. My stomach growled at me, I growled back. Maybe my mom has gotten over the crazy fight we had last night. I put my hand on my cheek, It had swollen.

I forgive her but honestly, I'm still a bit annoyed with her. I sighed and got up, Walking to my door. I could hear faint crying behind my door. It sounded like Danny. I opened my door and followed the sound. It led me downstairs into the living room. Danny; Hair in knots, Tears streamed down his face, He sat on his knees in front of something. "Danny? What is it?" He shook violently and slowly raised his index finger and pointed. To a trash bag in front of him.

"Yeah, The cat I know." I said.

He shook his head.

"Hm, Then what is it?"

He moved out of the way for me to look. I exchanged a confused look with Danny but all he did was shake and cry more. I focused on the bag an opened it. Blood, Organs everywhere. This time I couldn't hold it in, I threw up violently to the side. I wiped my mouth and looked again closer. It was my mother. I backed away and covered my mouth, Tears slipped down my cheeks.

"What are we going to do, Sissy?!" Danny whined.

"I-I" I stammered. What where we going to do? "We have to cover this up."

Danny just nodded.

Cover it up? What am I thinking?! Although it was the only option. I'd have to take care of Danny by myself. As much as I hate to admit it, I wish my dad were here. I wiped the tears away from my eyes and stood, Taking the bag and tying it shut. "I-I'm going to go burry this." Danny weakly nodded.

I dragged the bag outside and into the backyard, Walked to the shed and pulled out a large shovel. "This should do..." I talked to myself. Taking the shovel and bag with me, I chose a spot to burry it. I began to dig into the ground and pull up dirt until I made a deep enough hole. I dropped the bag in the hole and buried it. I couldn't help but to cry more. I dropped the shovel.

"Your safe now." A voice said behind me.

"Jack, Go away. My mother just got murdered and now, Im left alone with a 6 year old to take care of!" I spat.

"I know."

"You know? Then please tell me who did it!"

Jack paused.

"I did it," he spoke quietly. "I thought you would like it but you don't sound like-"

I cut him off. "No Jack I obviously do not like it! How could you do this?! To me, To Danny?!"

"To protect you!" He shouted right back.

"Get away from me, I don't want to see you." I hissed.

Jack stood there for a moment before mumbling something and jumping over my fence, Running. Tears continued to fall from my eyes. I shook my head and grunted. Picking up the shovel I put it back in the shed and walked back inside. Danny sat in the same spot I left him. "Danny, Promise me, You can't tell anyone about this, I know you're only 6 but please try to understand."

He simply nodded. "Okay, But who is going to watch me?"

"I am." I said slowly. "And this is how it will have to stay."