Chapter 17 Talk

Jack's POV-

The night was warm.

I walked down the street. I know what 'he' did to Lila's dreams. I know he said that I was dangerous. Am I? I am a killer...But I haven't killed Lila- Even though when I first saw her, that's what I wanted to do. But what did I want now? I wanted to see Lila.

I adjusted my mask, flipped my hood up and stuffed my scalpel in my hoodie pockets. The scalpel was covered in thick blood- but I didn't remember killing anyone lately...

I looked At the blood closely. It made my stomach growl, I almost chuckled. The blood looked so fresh. I ran my finger across the blade, it stained my gloves. I haven't hunted yet but...This was a recent kill.

Lila's POV-

I shot awake, everyone was by my side. Tate was yelling something. What was he saying? I blinked. My vision became clear and I could hear

"Lila? Lila! Your awake!"

I sat up, wiping sweat from my forehead and looked around. Danny was crying in Martha's arms and Tate was beside me already.

"We thought something had happened..." Martha went on, "I almost had to call off work tonight, thank god you woke up. Why did you pass out in the first place?"

I swallowed and squeezed my hands, nervously. "Uhm," I but my lip. C'mon Lila come up with an excuse. I looked up, "oh uh, I haven't been getting good sleep- yeah. Not enough," I shrugged and laughed nervously. She believed it but Tate didn't. He saw fear inside me, I felt him staring at me as Danny cuddled my arm.
--------------------
It was dark. Everyone was asleep. Martha was at work, working the night shift. I shuffled out of bed, through my hair up and put on a hoodie along with a pair of shorts and my converse. I was going to find Jack, Talk to him about m dream. When the dark voice spoke to me. It told me not to trust him, But I wanted to see for myself. It was just a dream, Right? Right.

I snuck down the steps and was about to leave when I heard a voice behind me, "where are you going?" Tate...

I turned and shrugged, "For a walk."

"Lila..." He began to say then shook his head, "Don't be long." With that he walked back up the steps, his face flushed. What was that all about? I wanted to stop him and ask what he really wanted to say but I haven't the time now, I needed to see jack.

I opened the door and closed it behind me, The Air was warm. The street lamps were on but there wasn't many cars out.

I began to down the sidewalk. I'm not sure how exactly I would find jack. I was hoping to get lucky and see him. My sneakers snipped at the ground. I was tripping over my own feet. Why am I so nervous?

It was because of that dream.

That voice. Jack was stabbing me. I should have listened to that voice. Was it true? Jack was dangerous? But he can't be. He didn't kill me.

I shook my head slightly and laughed aloud. No...He can't be. But what if he is?

I started down at the sidewalk until I heard shuffles behind me.

I put my hands inside my pockets and walked faster.

The shuffling stopped. I turned. No one. I smiled a little and tuned back around and a hand was over my mouth. I almost started to scream but I looked up and met a blue mask. He let me go, "what are you doing out here, this late?"

"Same to you." I replied.

"Touché"

"I was actually on my way to see you," I said nervously.

"I was too..." He trailed off.

It was silent for a while. For some strange reason...I just wanted to hug him.

And that's exactly what I did. I threw my arms around him and hugged him. He was hesitant but laid his head on mine and hugged my back tightly.

It was long. Thoughts ran through my mind. We finally pulled away. I noticed his hands still on my waist. He used his one hand to lift up his mask a little before putting it back on my waist, We stared at each other our contact not breaking. Until he pulled me close. I shut my eyes slowly and felt his lips lock with mine. I wrapped my arms around him again.

It seemed like forever before we pulled away and stared at each other again. I leaned onto his chest. "I think I love you too, Jack." I said quietly.