Chapter 11. Promises

Chapter 11

Lila's POV

I screamed so loud I thought I would shatter glass. Jack fell into my arms and I held him tightly. He had his hand covered over his bloody wound, he coughed slightly. "Jack!" I squealed through tears. The boy in the white hoodie chuckled. "Fool. You brought this on yourself and you know it. I don't even know why you would think to even protect a human." He spit. I wanted to punch him, stab him, do something to hurt him. I felt hatred to this boy. "Why Jack?! Why did you do this for me?!" I lowered my head and let my dears drip down.

Jack coughed, black blood dripped from his wound and the corners of his mask. The boy shook his head. "You really are stupid..." He gripped his now black bloodstained knife and darted off. I watched him as he left and quickly looked back at Jack. He felt so broken. I shook my head, I needed to act fast. Pulling out my cellphone, I dialed Tate's number and waited impatiently for the line to connect.

"Sup Lila, are you on your way ba-"

"GET TO THE CEMETERY NOW." I yelled into the phone.

"But Danny is alseep, why-"

"NOW."

I hung my phone up and shoved it into my pocket. Jacks breathing was hitching. I held him tighter. "Your going to be okay." I felt more tears pour out uncontrollably. He lifted a shaky hand and wiped my tears away. "L-lila..." "Don't leave me!" I grit my teeth. Jack nodded slightly. "I'm glad...I found you here. You'd be dead." He said quietly.

"But- but why did you save me?" Jack coughed. "B-because. I made a promise." I smiled slightly and suddenly heard a car come to a stop. Tate rushed up the side of the hill and through the gates, up to us. I heard Jack growl. "Why...Is he here..." I bit my lip. "Hush, you need strength." Tate and I lifted Jack up and took him to the car and back to my house. We bursted through the door and set Jack down on the couch. He groaned.

I kneeled next to him. "I'll go get supplies." Tate said, rushing off. I nodded. A few minutes later Tate and I had everything we needed. I looked at Jack and frowned. I gently lifted his Hoodie up, showing the deep wound in his stomach. He groaned slightly as I did so. He had grey skin, but was now doused in blood. I got alcohol and poured it onto his wound, cleaning it off. Jack gripped into the couch, trying to hold back pain. I got a needle and thread and looked at Tate with an uneasy look. He simply nodded.

I took a deep breath. "Jack this may hurt. Ill do it on the count of three." He nodded and a tiny squeal escaped his mouth. "One." I put the thread on the needle. "Two." I got near his skin. "Three!" I punctured it in and sewed up the wound. Jack squealed. I finished and held onto Jack. He was breathing heavily. "You'll be okay..." I tried to smile. He nodded quietly. Tate stood. "I'll go check on Danny." I nodded. "Thank you." Tate hugged me before going up the steps.

"Lila..." Jack said in a weak voice.

"Yes?"

He gestured for me to come closer. I leaned in closer. "What?" He slide his mask up a little, only showing his mouth and kissed me gently. I kissed back. He pulled away and held my hand. "Lila. I love you."