Chapter 3. Sand Castles

(( Unedited but ill edit later tonight))
Chapter 3.

Lila's POV

"Wake up sissy!" I moaned and turned my head. Danny jumped on my bed and began jumping on me. "Uppie!" He shouted. "Daniel Thomas! Stop jumping on me." I yelled. He stopped and sat next to me and poked at my sides. "B-But we are having eggs and bacon for breakfast..." He cried out. "Fine, Ill be down momentarily, Just, Go down stairs and let me Change." He nodded and ran out my room, Shutting the door. At least he had manners. Most of the time.

I stretched and looked at my window. Still closed. I sighed and got up and opened my closet. My clothes had all been put in it, Thanks mom. I got out shorts, A blue shirt and my MCR hoodie. I changed quickly and brushed my hair out before running down the steps quickly. I heard the sizzling and popping of eggs and bacon being cooked and walked into the kitchen.

"Morning, How did you sleep?" My mother asked, Putting my breakfast on a plate for me and another for Danny. "I slept great." I lied. I slept horribly, Paranoid that Jack would be back that night. Those black sockets. Those eyes, they were haunting. She smiled warmly and served me and Danny breakfast. "Your not eating mama?" Asked Danny, Already shoving eggs into his mouth. My mother held up a cup of coffee. "When your old like me, This is all you'll need." She said sipping at it. I hated coffee, It was too bitter and gross for me. I started to eat.

After breakfast my mother cleared Mine and Danny's plate. "Lila, Why don't you get used to the environment around California? Go for a walk." My mom said to me. "What about Danny?"

"Oh he'll be here with me, Im going to go over spelling with him." I bit my lip and nodded. I wanted to go outside but at the same time I was paranoid to run into Jack. I got up and put on my black and white converse and was about to leave when my mom called something. "Be careful!"

"I will!" I called back

I spun on my heels and turned out the door, Closing it Behind me. The rain had stopped and the ground was a little muddy, It was warm though. I inhaled the sent of the clean air. I could hear the beach nearby. I decided to walk down to the beach, Clear my thoughts. I walked down the sidewalk, I was glad it wasn't too far from home, Only a couple blocks.

As I walked I began to think really hard. How did Jack know I lived there? I mean it was his house...Why didn't he just kill me last night? It would have been so quick. I sighed and began to drag my feet making scratching noises at the pavement until I hit sand. I looked up, The beach was clear and the waves were steady. I grinned. The wind blew my blond hair back and I took off my hoodie, Wrapping it around my waist and walked down to the beach.

There was no one here on this side of the beach, Which was okay, I liked to be alone most times. I got close to the water and stared into my reflection. An idea clicked inside my head. I want to build a sand castle. This time the rain will not ruin it. I kneeled down in the sand and began shaping it. I began humming as I shaped a castle with 4 windows, A door and tiny points at the top for the roof. I was missing something. I made a river and filled it with water and create a bridge to go over it.

I started to smooth out the edges, I was suddenly grabbed by the arm and I looked up, shocked. There he was. His mask was still on and his hand was covered with fresh blood. I jerked away and squealed. "I wont hurt you." his raspy voice said. Jack sat kneeled in the sand and stared at the castle. He finally spoke. "Like when we were 8." He looked up at me. I nodded. "What happened to your hands?!" Jack stayed quiet. "You didn't hurt someone right?" Jack remained silent.

He changed the subject. "So, You remember me?" I nodded. "Jack M-Miller."

"Lila Marie." He replied back.

"I thought you died! The newspaper in the closet and the blood stains on the carpet and-"

"I was the murderer, I killed my brother and Mother I'm a cold hearted killer , You were not supposed to find out!" He screamed. I think he realized what he said because he hissed at his remark.

I stared wide eyed at him, I wanted to scream and run for it, Somehow I just couldn't. "How could you do that?"

"I was suffering..." He cleared his voice. "I don't need to explain myself anymore, You cannot tell anyone! You promised to be my friend and friends don't do that!"

I swallowed the knot in my throat and we stayed quiet for a while. I looked up at him and he looked back. "What with this mask?" I reached my arm out and tried to pull it up. He grabbed my hand before I got close and pushed it away and growled at me. I frowned. What was he hiding? I looked off into space and listened to the ocean, Thinking of what to do next. I mean, Im having a conversation with a killer. "By the way." He spoke, Braking the silence. "It's not Jack Miller, It's Eyeless Jack now."

I knitted my eyebrows and looked at him. "Eyeless- oh." I said looking at his mask eyes. "That makes sense." He nodded and pulled a small jar out of his hoodie pocket. It looked like the ones they'd use in accident Egypt to put the deals organs in when being mummified. He unscrewed the lid, I watched him carefully. He pulled out a chunk of meant and lifted up his mask only showing his mouth. He opened his mouth to bite the piece of meat, Showing mid-sized white fangs. He bit it and chewed.

"What is that?" I asked getting grossed out.

He finished his chewing and swallowed. "Kidney." I stuck my tongue out. "Ew what?!" Jack held the kidney up to me. "Want a bite?" I shook my head, He shrugged and finished it. "Was that human kidney?!" He nodded. "How do you eat that?!" Jack shrugged. "I like the texture, It's gooey."

"Ew." I said. He let out a chuckle and I giggled. What am I doing?! I should be calling the cops and running away. "Jack?" He looked up. "What?" I bit my lip. "Why didn't you kill me last night? It would have been so quick and easy..." He stayed silent before speaking again. "I made a promise and so did you on that day, We'd remain friends, I don't brake promises." I smiled slightly. "I don't either."

"I need to get going, I'll come visit you tomorrow." Jack said.

"Okay but-"

Before I finished he got up and started running. I sighed heavily the sun was setting anyway. I stood up and looked down at my sand castle, Turning on my heels I walked slowly back to my house.