Chapter 17

A/N

This chapter is a lot shorter than the others, but oh well. Enjoy :)

When I wake up I know exactly where I am. I'm still in Jump City, in one of Slade's hideouts. Luckily I'm not too far from the tower. Slade has many hideouts, most of them are just disguised as regular houses just like the one I'm in.

I recognize this place very vividly. A while ago, Slade was trying to complete a mission in this city that took him months, and yet he still failed. I get up off the floor I'm laying on and take a look at my surroundings. I remember this room as the room where I would sleep in, it was my little quiet space.

I'm not very shocked that I've been kidnapped again, it happens so often that I'm surprised it didn't happen any sooner.

I wonder what happened with Wayne. Did the Titans find him up on that cliff? If they did or do, then they would probably think I did it whether I like it or not. It makes sense that they would plus, they've only known me for two days, I can't have earned their trust that fast. I don't know if Dick or Wayne trust me. They might, but they might not, I guess it just depends on the person. If I were on the Titans and a new member joined, who had a bad history like mine, but someone that I do trust says that they're ok, then I would trust them. That's only because I have a tendency to give away my trust way too easily. If it was the same scenario but with someone like Wayne, he obviously wouldn't give out his trust so chances are, I'm not being saved.

I get up off of the floor and look around to see if the room has changed, it hasn't. The dressers are still filled with weapons and training gear, the concrete floor is still covered in blood stains, the bathroom is still infested with mice and spiders, and the old mattress is still the same sky blue colour, minus the fact that everything has collected a bit of dust over the years.

My stomach still aches a little bit, but in general I'm ok. Slade took the liberty of putting a bandage on me where I was hit with the weird dart, as I was bleeding a lot. I try to open the door but to my avail its locked. I don't want to be Slade's apprentice. Usually whenever I try and escape, its within the first couple days I've been kidnapped, or around a year I've been kidnapped. This means that its pretty much now, or never.

I better start to escape because I know no ones coming for me. The Titans probably think I've abandoned them, and all the allies I have are lord knows where and I have no way to contact them.

The lock to the door is pathetically easy to unlock, well, for the most part. Because its only a regular wooden door, I decide to kick it down instead of trying to crack the lock for five entire minutes.

I didn't really think that Slade was inside the building, which would've been smart. He obviously hears the door being kicked down and runs up to me with a staff. Slade hits me across the head with his staff and of course I'm back to square one again, unconscious.

Nightwing POV

When the team and I called Damian and Maple for pizza, neither of them had answered their phones. We all went looking for them after it seeing them for an hour. We found Damian paralyzed on top of the cliff, and Maple nowhere to be found. There was pools of blood covering the rocky ground but Damian wasn't even bleeding. Garfield, Raven and I kept looking for Maple while Kori and Terra took Damian back to the tower.

Fast forward a couple hours, not one of us has a single clue where Maple is. The only one who would know what happened is Damian but he is somehow paralyzed. It appears that they were attacked as there was clearly a dart placed in his neck, indicated by the dried blood on the mark. Maple must have also been attacked as there was lots of blood all over where Damian was and Damian wasn't bleeding. Though, it could all just be a set up.