Chapter 16

Its a new day. The sun is shining brightly, and I woke up on time today, which is nice. Yesterday after I mediated, Garfield and I played Jenga for two hours straight which was not very practical, but it was fun none the less. I also got in touch with one of my brothers and it turns out that my entire family is alive and well. The move went very smooth with no difficulties. Its nice to know my family hasn't been killed. After training, Kori says she wants to talk to the team. Hopefully its not a mission again because its really early, around eight o'clock.

"Whats up babe?" Dick asks her when she stops us all. Guess he took my advice. Good for him.

"The plan for today was to go on a mission however it isn't urgent and it will make more sense to go later. I believe you all have improved greatly recently and have been working very hard, almost too hard. So, today I have decided that we will all be hoping to the beach for some mandatory fun!" Everyone looks skeptically at Kori for a moment.

"Are you sure thats a good idea?" Jaime asks. "We all know our 'mandatory fun' days or nights, are never fun"

"They're all pretty much cursed" Garfield says.

"First demons attacked us all, then there was a bank robbery, then we were ambushed by Mr Freeze, and last time there was an explosion" Robin explains. Dear lord what do they doing during 'mandatory fun'?

"I would find it hard to believe that our days aren't cursed" Raven says.

"It will be a great opportunity for us all to bond with one another and get closer. Those days were just unfortunate mishaps"

"I bet something bad is going to happen today" Robin adds in.

"Sometimes you guys just have to have a little faith. We'll all be fine. Now no more questions and go get your things"

We all walk away to our rooms to go get dressed for the beach. I'm not even sure if I own a swim suit. I look in my bag to find something to wear but the closest thing I can find is one pair of black bottoms. If there's a bottom shouldn't there be a top?

I stick my hand inside hoping to find some sort of swimsuit, and out pops a plain black one piece. I don't own any swimsuits and it looks like it might fit me, so its probably my sister Isabella's. I gave her a bottomless bag to store her, and all my other siblings belongings in when they have to move quickly. The only problem is that because my bag, hers, and another one I own are connected. Sometimes I reach into my bag to find a specific shirt, but then realize Isabella took it. Its nice to know she's alive and all but she doesn't have to steal my cloths.

I am a bit surprised when I put on the swimsuit as it actually fits me. Unlike me, Isabella has breasts and has quite a bit of muscle on her. Considering the suit fits me perfectly, it's nice to know I have grown. Over the past four weeks or so I have changed a bit, probably because I've been eating a lot more.

I throw on a pair of black shorts and a cardigan-like cover up over the swimsuit to be modest. When I look in the mirror I notice how visible every one of my scars are, even through the mesh cover up. Well, most of them. My arms are exposed, leaving them littered with recent bruises and scars. My collarbone has a scar on it from it being broken ages ago, you can't see it well though. I already know my back has one long scar going along my spine, but the swimsuit is able to cover it. My legs are mostly fine, unless someone is staring in between my thighs no one will notice.

I just want to cover up the scars on my arms, because those ones are very noticeable. The only problem I have is that if it's a beach, then there's water. I guess I just won't cover up my scars. Fuck it.

I am a strong person and my scars show that. If I've been tortured for years then I can totally be able to wear my scars without shame.

Is what I would love to believe about myself.