Chapter 4

I wake up extremely sore. Slade must have beaten me while I was unconscious. I am not dressed as Ace, instead I'm in orange scrubs. I'm in jail.

I open my eyes and rub them with my hands so hard it feels like I'm being sent to another universe. My palm is wrapped in a bandage but I don't have any other major injures which is nice, maybe a couple bruises though.

I wonder where Slade is. I think The two people I ran into earlier took me here and maybe Slade is in prison.

I don't like jails, you're just waiting to see how much time you'll spend in prison and the wait is always agonizing. Plus, in prison there's often less violence and you can actually get a daily routine going. In jail it's unpredictable.

"Hey there" I jump at the unfamiliar voice and turn around to see a guy a little older than me, maybe sixteen."First time in jail?"

"Nope"

"You're awfully young for it to not be your first time"

"So are you" Nobody would be in prison if it was a perfect world. "Hey aren't the guys and girls usually separated?" I wonder. Usually people are separated by sex so that no one gets pregnant. That would not be good.

"Yeah, but the jail is so crowded and overpopulated that the need to mix them together"

"What ab-" I begin but am cut off by the sound of the cell door creaking open.

"You," a police officer says pointing at both me and the guy who's name I'm yet to learn. Theres three police officers standing by the door waiting for one of us to get up.

"Me or him?"

"You not him, come here. Nightwing and Robin want to interrogate you and ask some questions"

"What the fuck did you do for Nightwing and Robin to want you?" He gasps.

"Quite a lot" I sigh.

"Well good luck little girl" 

I get up and walk toward the officers. They spin me around and tightly click handcuffs onto my bruised wrists. Another puts shackles on my ankles so that I can't try and run away. The three of them lead me to an interrogation room. It's all concrete and there's a large table with Robin and the tall guy I ran into before. He must be Nightwing, I think I've heard of him.

Robin wears a black hood and cape and if it weren't for the other bright costumes on his uniform I would have thought he was an assassin himself. Nightwing wears a black jumpsuit with a red logo on it that resembles a bird.

I sit in the chair, deciding to cooperate, and I am handcuffed to the table in front of me. "You two get thirty minutes" an officer says and leaves the three of us in the room. Robin and Nightwing don't say anything they just stare at me blankly which is extremely uncomfortable and awkward.

"Nice to meet you too" I remark, breaking the silence.

"I find it hard to believe you of all people is Ace" Nightwing says.

"Then maybe I'm not"

"That's an obvious lie" Robin.

"Then what's there not to believe?"

"Anyways, straight to business. Robin and I are here to ask you some questions starting wit-" Nightwing is cut off by Robin.

"What is your relationship with Deathstroke" Robin asks, though it comes out more like a demand then a question.