Chapter Thirty Seven.

CARMEN RICHARDSON

               Early Monday morning

               Early Monday morning. After the long Winter break, school was finally back in session. I just pulled into the parking lot as students were walking off buses or getting out of their own vehicles in the student parking to head into the high school. My beige rock-studded Valentino Garavani heels came in contact with the pavement when I stepped out of the vehicle. I had on a trench coat over my snug fit top with ruffle sleeves and creme colored trousers. My hair in loose curls. I closed my door with my back while holding palming a cup of honey caramel coffee from Starbucks.

My stomach dropped for some reason as I approached the door, but I ignored it and walked into the school. Everything felt awkward. Maybe because it's been weeks of being here. I walked into the office and the chatter stopped abruptly. All of the office faculty eyes landed on me.

"Umm... good morning?"

Sarei walked forward with a folded paper in her hand. She was dressed in a nice blouse, trousers and pair of heels. Her hair in a top-knot bun. "Your office, let's talk. Right now."

My eyebrows furrowed. I followed Sarei to my office. When I walked in, she closed the door and I asked, "Can I know what's going on, please?"

Sarei handed me the folded paper in her hand. I looked at her in confusion before opening it up— my heart dropped. A picture of me and Shawn in black and white. We had no clothes on and in my bedroom, through my window. I was confused on how exactly that happened when I live on the second floor. My head was thrown back with him watching me while biting his bottom lip and his hand tangling in my hair. The reflection from the blinds reflected on our bodies. Nothing was seen involving our private areas, aside from my side boob.

"That's... um, not the only thing. ."

"Not the only thing?" I asked in confusion.

"This, too," she extended out another paper. It was a mugshot of me, from only June of this year. I crumbled it immediately in my head. "What is–"

"Are these the only ones?"

"No, they all over school–" her words stopped abruptly when I stormed out of my office. She quickly paced behind me when I noticed students crowding in front  wall going towards the cafeteria— pictures of Shawn and I along with the mugshot was all over the wall and lockers  down the hall from where I stood.

What. . In. . The. . Fuck?

"Damn, Principal C," one student by the name of Gage spotted me, causing the other students to look my way. "If I knew you was sexing on the faculty, I woulda tried sumthin."

"Nigga, you ain't faculty," another student spoke beside him, "And you a student, dumb-ass. A freshman, at that. She wanted that Coach Shawn dick."