An Album Rating + movie review

K-12
Melanie Martinez

So first, I'm gonna do the movie.
I really loved the aesthetics and it was intriguing because I actually sat there & watched it.

Not to mention, it's free & the cliff hanger really was something.

Came for high school musicals brand and was actually realistic. Not to mention how she wrote the movie, her songs, produced them, and did the other stuff.

Multitalented is really her middle name.

Now, onto the album rating.

1. Wheels on the bus
"Cause Maya's letting Dan put his hand up her skirt & she's got her hand down his pants"

A great starter song title because the bus is how you get to school, it's really catchy & actually does bop, I love the beat.

8.5 - 10

2. Class Fight
"The teacher broke us up after I broke her
And my one true love called me a monster"

This song is actually a great tie into the movie which is good because everyone loves a connecting plot.
It's really catchy with the "daddy chimed in, go for the throat."
The only thing is, I wouldn't always feel like listening too it.
Ultimately it's a
8.5 - 10

3. The principal
"Killing kids all day and night, prescription pills and online fights"

This actually slaps, it's very catchy & I like the meaning of it too, don't even get my started on the beat!!

It just slaps all over the place, Melanie really multitalented like that and it's satisfying.

10 - 10

4. Show & tell
"Tell me you love me, but you treat me like I'm never there
You say the cruelest words, you used to break my heart"

I love the scene for this song with the puppet, It was put together very nicely and super nice to watch!
I love the message of this song too, it's also very catchy, I love the dark touch.

10 - 10

5. Nurse's office
"I faked up a seizure and left outta there"

This is a really good song, I feel like it's telling a story where the nurses office is somewhere you go to die but it's better than being at school.

8.5 - 10

6. Drama Club
"Do you even have a brain? You're sticking to a page
You're faking all your pain, yeah, you're bleeding on a stage"

She said some pretty deep stuff in this song and I like how stuff is worded, I LOVE the scene in the movie & it's just the greatest

8.5 - 10

7. Strawberry Shortcake
"People all around me watching closely
'Cause it's how I look and not what I think"

This song has an amazing message. It's talking about how girls are so sexualized & strive for perfection because of the societies standards. I like the bridges but I'm not the biggest fan of the chorus, it's super catchy though.

7.5 - 10

8. Lunchbox Friends
"Come to my house lets die together, friendship that'll last forever."

I actually really like this song because it's like "I don't want a fake friend I want someone real" and honestly same, what's the point of having a fake friend if you can get a real one that'll support you and be there for you.

10 - 10

9. Orange juice
"Your body is imperfectly perfect
Everyone wants what the other one's working"

This song has an amazing message and it sounds good.

We stan a body positivity queen :)

10 - 10

10. Detention
"Baby, can you meet me tonight in detention? I can feel your blood pressure rise, [bleep] this tension."

This is off the bat one of my favorite songs on the album, I can't explain it I just really like it

10 - 10

11. Teacher's pet
"Teacher's pet
If I'm so special, why am I secret?"

One of the best songs on the album.

The best is just everything and the time of her voice kfkdjsksk plus the lyrics.

Plus that bridge, Melanie really popped off

10 - 10

12. High school sweethearts
"If you cheat, you will die"

Her voice sounded really nice in this song, it's really soft but the lyrics are everything.

it's catchy too even though i didn't like it that much at first, I had to keep listening to it to truly like it

9.5 - 10

13. Recess
"People gonna try
To tell you that you're fine with dollars in their eyes"

One of the best songs. It's catchy, and it has the moral of when you need a break, take one.

People are gonna say & try certain things but don't let them ruin you
plus I love the soft beat

10 - 10

14. Fire Drill
"Livin' in the fake world, full of facades and chaotic behavior"

This song sounds very good and I like the message it has but I'm not gonna rate it cause I usually have to listen at least 3 - 4 times to decide my opinion

Overall Album: 8
I know what you're thinking, "yOu LiKeD mOsT oF tHe sOnGs wHY thIs sCoRe"

Hear me out, it's a really good album, is it my favorite album?
No.

Despite the amazing messages I can't deny the fact that the album does have some skips...

It's a great album too, the movie was also amazing.