Chapter 19

When John got home that night the house was filled with the smell of my mom's fryed liver. "Mmm whats that smell coming from?" John said watching me cook the rest of the liver in the pan. "My mom's fryed liver" he put his hand on his chest pretending to be shocked. "Did you just say your frying your mothers liver? Oh my god we have a canible in the house!" He said smiling and laughing "You hear me Mr. Philip!"I hit his arm. "Your so childish John, its my mom's recipe" I told him. He walked over to the cabinets to get the plates out. While he set up the table I finished frying the liver. I walked over and grabbed a plate, filling it with food one plate at a time. "I'll go get dad" I told John already out the doorway of the kitchen. I hummed a tune as I sprinted up the stairs to the guest room. "Foods ready" I said looking at dad, who was reading one of my books I checked out yesterday. "Be down in a minute" he said with a smile. I walked down the stairs and around the corner to the first floor bathroom. I did my business, and walked out of the bathroom to hear John talking with my dad in the kitchen, "so ya we're leaving tomorrow, do you think she'll want to come with us?" "Of course she would, Evelyn loves a good concert" were are the boys going? Concert? Oh fuck there going on tour. I walked across the living room to the door of the kitchen, leaning against the door frame. "Where you guys going?" I asked looking back and forth between the two. John smiled, "we're going to America on tour, I was going to ask if you wanted to come?" I looked at dad, "what about dad?" "I'm coming if you are" I looked back at John, "when do we leave?" "Tomorrow I'm pretty sure" I sighed, so all of a sudden, "sure I'll come, how long will we be there?" "I think we'll come back the 31, we're leaving tomorrow." I nodded and sat down at the table to eat. "Thank you Evie, it's really good." My dad said taking a bite of mashed potatoes. This pass few days was the first time I actually cooked something, so that made me pretty proud of myself. "Thank you" John didn't have time to say enything, he just stuffed food in one bite after another. When we wer finished I collected the dishes and put them in the sink. I went up to John's room to get my clothes out of his extra closet. I packed 4 t-shirts and 2 shorts, 2 pants, and a pair of sandles. I went back to the kitchen sink and did the dishes so I didn't have to when we came back. Dad and John did the same, they wer in there rooms packing there clothes in the suitcases John had provided us. I went back upstairs to John's room and got a pare of pjs from the closet. I ran the water in the bathroom, right across from the bedroom. when the temperature was just right I striped down and stepped in the warm water. Feeling it run down from my head, to my neck, and down my back to my toes. Suddenly the cold water kicked on, making me jump out of the shower. I turned off the water and wraped myself in a towel. I cracked the door open just a bit, "who's running the hot water?!" And from downstairs I could hear John yell back, "me, I'm sorry! You forgot the forks and I was going to do them for you! I'll turn it off!" "Thanks!"I said closing the door. I put the towel back on the sink and sliped back into the shower. I washed up and got out in case John disided to wash the forks again. I dryed off and sliped into my pjs. I walked down the stairs and around the corner into the kitchen. I washed the forks and dryer off my hands with one of the paper towels on the counter. I walked up the stairs to the guest room, "goodnight dad" I said to dad who was getting ready to turn off the lights. "Goodnight Evie, see you in the morning" I walked down the hallway to the room I was now sleeping in. When I walked in my blanket bed was all put up and John was sitting on his bed in a t shirt and shorts, reading a book he got from yesterday. "John were is my bed?" He looked up from his book, "you mean the pile of blankets and pillows? Come on your sleeping with me tonight" I looked at him for a minute, "John..." "Your going to probably have to get used to it, there's a surtain amout of beds in a hotel room." I was too tired to argue. so I climbed in the other side of the bed and without a word I fell into a deep sleep. Forgetting that one day I'll be back in my bed in the future.