| n i n e |

HIHIIHI DONT FORGET TO VOTE :)))

May 29, 2018 - 3:00 pm

I stood with Chan-ri in Jungkook's styling room.

She showed me how to add more highlights and blend them in different areas. She practiced on my face, explaining it to me. She decided to get creative and do my eyes as well. She did a smokey eye really well, and I studied my face in the mirror. I didn't look half bad.

"I want you to try the highlights on Jeongguk. And talk to him." She headed towards the door when Jungkook came in front of her.

"We need to film more behind the scenes," he told Chan-ri. She nodded and pointed to me.

His stare averted to my face. Chan-ri left the room and he sat in the chair.

He was looking at the makeup that Chan-ri had done for me. "Wow," he whispered. I didn't know what he was saying that to, but I decided to get right into the highlights.

I added different colors of highlights on his forehead, chin and cheeks. I knew these styles would make his perfectly shaped cheekbones more prominent.

He looked tense as he watched me work on his face like a masterpiece. That was when he opened his mouth to say the most words I had heard from him this whole time.

"Are you sure you're doing this right?"

I froze, not knowing what to say.

"This is my first time doing this style of highlights, but yeah, I know what I'm doing."

That scoff again. "Great." That was my blasting point.

"What is your problem with me?" I said between gritted teeth. "I have had years of practice and was one of the best in my college."

"Yeah, but you haven't had experience with big performers. I need to look perfect for my fans."

"I understand that. I'm trying my best."

"Your best isn't enough." He immediately had a face of regret after he said that.

Was I not good enough? Suddenly I felt self conscious. Blood rushed to my head because I was so embarrassed.

I tried so hard not to let a single tear escape my eye. He would think I was a crybaby. I bit my lip to keep the tears in and finished blending. He didn't look at me, but I could tell he felt guilty.

I finished as soon as I could and ran out of the room without looking or saying anything to him. I rushed to the bathroom and splashed my face with water.

As I studied my face in the mirror, I could see how red my cheeks were. A couple of salty tears rolled down but I wiped them away. I couldn't make it look like I had been crying. The stress had really been getting to me.

I heard Jungkook's voice in the hallway.

"Belle!" His footsteps shuffled closer. "Belle!"

He called my name a couple more times before the sounds of his calls receded. He walked back towards the practice room.

I tried my best to wash away all evidence of crying, but my face was still red. I groaned, dried myself, and went back to the dance studio where I head "DNA" playing.

I stood outside the door, watching the seven members practice through a little window. For once, I didn't see cameramen following them everywhere. They looked happy, dancing with so much energy and passion.

Except Jungkook.

He kept a straight face while going through the motions. They finished doing the last dance break, with Hoseok posed in the front.