| o n e |

May 19, 2018 - 5:30 pm

I walked out of my best friend's hair salon, the door swinging behind my back.

"Bye Belle!" Jess called after me. Her voice was barely audible above the sounds of hairdryers. I would've turned around, but I was too eager to get home and check my emails.

It hadn't been long since I had given my resume to many companies, who hopefully were eager for a 20 year old makeup artist that lived in Chicago, Illinois. The paper that would determine my future was circling around, while I drove around in my mother's Acura waiting for an answer.

I hopped into the driver's seat of the blue four seat car and looked around, waiting for my 17 year old sister who was shopping at a nearby store. I tapped my phone in anticipation, when I heard the passenger door open and slam shut.

"Jeez Stella," I muttered. She stuffed the shopping bags under her feet and connected her phone to the AUX cord.

She smirked at me and scrolled through her playlist. Her eyes lit up when she stopped on one song. BTS's latest hit, "Fake Love" started blaring from the speakers. The album had released yesterday and all of their fans had been going nuts. All the songs were so good.

As we drove home, we were screaming the fanchant. I watched the road, although out of the corner of my eye I could see Stella dancing like crazy. I smiled to myself, but not because of her insanity.

When I had submitted my resume, it mentioned that one of the companies that I could sign with could be BigHit. Many people were impressed with my college reputation and makeup skills, so they sent my resume to bigger contracts who were in need of someone like me. They took my information to all the big, global managers. BTS had one of the best makeup looks and it would be a dream come true to work with artists who truly knew cosmetics. I knew the chances of me ever working with BTS would be low, but it was worth the hope, right?

We pulled in the driveway and I immediately got out, determined to get to my laptop. I walked in the door and my mom was sitting on the couch scrolling through Facebook.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" she asked.

"I have to check if I got an offer."

"Honey, relax, you only sent out your resume two days ago."

"I know, but still," I said before running up the stairs.

I jumped onto my bed and checked my email. Nothing. Besides a couple of coupons and Pinterest ideas. I groaned and shut the lid. I decided to text Jess and tell her about my bad luck.

Belle

hey

no luck :(

gosh why are they so slow i swear-

Jess

it's ok i promise

how could they not pick you

you're the best one out there :)

Belle

ugh i love you <3

Jess

i know

Belle

meet at the cafe tmrw?

Jess