| s i x |

Hey y'all! Don't forget to vote teehee

May 24, 2018 - 7:30 am

My entire family was running around the house grabbing things to get prepared for my leave. I stood there, checking off my packing list to make sure I had everything.

"Did you get your passport?"

"Yes."

"Toothbrush?"

"Yes."

"Money?"

"YES." My flight would be here in two hours, and it was a half an hour drive to the airport.

"Let's go!" my dad called from the garage. I took a deep breath.

My mom had tears in her eyes when she pulled me in for a hug.

"I'm so proud of you. Have fun and do your job." She kissed me on the forehead.

Stella was standing next to her. Her lips were in a thin line. She opened her mouth to say something, and then stopped to put her arms around me. I squeezed her back.

"I'll miss you big sis."

"Love ya, Stel." I patted her on the head.

My dad helped me lug my heavy suitcases and put them in the trunk. We backed out of the driveway and I rolled down the window to wave one last time.

"Don't forget to say hi to Hoseok for me!" Stella screeched at the top of her lungs. I gave her a thumbs up and blew them a kiss.

We turned onto the street. I started thinking about what I would say or do when I got there.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I practiced. My dad chuckled. I pouted at him.

"Stop judging," I whined.

"Okay okay sorry, you're doing great."

"Thank you." I practiced some basic words I learned all the way to the airport, casually stopping to have a conversation with my dad.

He stopped at the drop off area. We loaded my luggage onto a cart.

"Bye Dad, I love you." He gave me a huge bear hug.

"I'll miss you Belle, love you more." He ruffled my hair and kissed the top of my head.

Don't cry, Belle. Don't even think about it.

I walked into the airport with my huge cart. I turned around to wave to my dad one last time. I was finally on my own.

I fumbled around in my purse for my passport. I held it in my hand while walking up to the check in counter. Here we go.

May 24, 2018 - 8:55 am

"The flight to South Korea is now boarding." I jumped awake when I heard the woman's loud voice speaking over the PA. I had probably fallen asleep.

My suitcases had already been checked in, so all I kept with me was my purse. I got up and went to the long line of people. I plugged my earbuds in and played "Serendipity" to soothe me. Jimin's voice could help me any time.

I walked onto the plane with the other people. The people in front of me were talking in Korean, and I was proud of myself because I could actually understand some of what they were saying.

My seat was towards the middle. Luckily, mine was the seat towards the aisle so I wouldn't have to be squished between two strangers. An older man was sitting by the window, reading a newspaper. The person sitting in the middle was a woman who looked just 3-4 years older than me.