Emperor Epilogue: Wait, What?

💫Emperor Epilogue: Wait, What?

Emperor and Rider were practically sweating bullets in the silence.

Luckily for them though, the crowd burst out in loud whoops and shouts, and cheered wildly as everyone finished. The twinkling came back onstage.

"My, MY! Now THOSE were some good performances! The judges in the seats at the front will judge how well you all did!"

Rider and Emperor, who were now panicking, quickly turned to the front of the row of chairs, where there were, indeed, judges that they hadn't seen before. There were only three, but they hadn't realized that actual judges would decide their fate. Their heart rates increased, breaths speeding up at this. They thought the idols or someone else would pick, but apparently not. Tensions were high as the judges began thinking.

There was a jelly, a nautiling, and an eel. All of them were twinklings, but the jelly and the eel were the unevolved kind. They looked down at their notes and back up at the groups. They did this for a while, anticipation rising. They pointed to one group from the crowd, and went in order with their opinions.

"Nice work, but could use better recovery."

"Rocky start, maintained the dance well, but didn't give it that "feel", you know?"

"Eh. Decent."

So that group was out. The judges then picked another group and went. Rider and Emperor hadn't been touched yet, and watched as the other teams got eliminated one by one. As the numbers lessened, they became more and more stressed. Eventually, them and two other groups remained. All teams were nervous.

The judges carefully examined the three. Rider and Emperor were SO close, they weren't about to have that dance be for nothing. The judges pointed to the third group, said some stuff about them, and that group was out. The last two groups were the duo and two twinkling inklings that seemed to be part of a turf team. They had logos on their clothes, too.

The tension was high, and the audience was silent. The judges then pointed to...

Rider and Emperor.

The two immediately gasped quietly. They were scared that they had been picked, did this mean they were out? They exchanged worried glances. The Judges re-read their notes on the two. Every second of this was torture.

"You two...have had some ups and downs. Opening was decent, could've been better, but nobody knew the song, let's be real here" the jelly said.

"Nice interaction between you two, though at times it felt a little...forced. Individuals were firm, sometimes a little off, but you brought it all back together" the nautiling explained.

The Eeling stood up.
"And I could feel that you weren't ready at the end. You were anticipating it, and were unsure. However, when it stopped, you went with the flow. You made it work. And because of all this..."

The duo took a look at the other group, who were also nervous. That was interesting. Had things like this happened before? Was there s plot twist? They didn't seem too confident that they had everything together...

The eeling cleared their threat.

"You two have WON!"