Prince I: Mission

💫Prince I: Mission

It was...

It was 3 AM in the morning.

Don't ask why.

And, well...Prince was up. He had actually woken up early, having gone to bed at 9 PM. He didn't even have a nightmare to wake up from, he was just...up. To be honest though? He didn't want to. He wanted to go back to sleep, back to that other dream he was having where he was in a field of red flowers, all by himself on a sunny day. He wanted to see what the others were up to, since he knew some of them were still up at this time, but...it would be best not to disturb them.

Maybe he should go out for a walk? Emperor had removed the locks off the house from...last time. But...what if he got into danger? He decided that if he did, he would fully accept the blame and consequences of his actions, so carefully, he got changed into simple clothing, opened his door, got out, and shut it. He then made his way down to the front door. The alarm had been turned off, since the place had other methods of security, so he carefully and quietly opened the front door and snuck out. He closed it behind him and off he went.

Now, where to go, where to go...perhaps the safest place available. That would probably be the studios? Were they still open? Well, only one way to find out. Luckily, Prince had brought his phone with him, so if anything happened, he could always call for help. He kept an eye out for trouble as he walked down the streets towards the stage.

He lived pretty far from it, and he usually took a vehicle there with his brother, but tonight? He wouldn't. He'd do this alone, and even though he wasn't the trait of bravery he still believed in himself. His heart rate sped up as he began recognizing the square approaching. He was getting closer to safety at last! He continued his walk in the dark, with only street lamps and shop lights brightening the night.

It took a while, but he eventually arrived at the studios. He was surprised to find the door was unlocked and the lights were on. Perhaps the other squidbeak (Off the Hook and the Squid Sisters) were in here as well? He went inside and closed the door behind him, then walked down the hall to the main meeting spot he and the others went to. As he approached it however, he thought he heard music. Upon reaching the door to the room, he got up close to it. He heard...singing?

"No, you won't get far...we will bring your end...and if you think you can stop us, well that's not right, try again..."

That...That was Rider's voice.

He sounded pretty good.

Prince tried to lean in closer, but apparently the door wasn't fully shut nor locked, so he only wound up creaking the door open and making noise. His heart leapt as he heard the creak of the door. Sure enough, Rider's singing and the music stopped. He felt horrible. He had meant no harm, he knew Rider liked singing, but...Rider probably thought bad of him now that he had done that.

"Wha-WHO GOES THERE?!" Rider yelled.

Prince carefully opened the door further, went into the room, and closed it shut. Rider let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank cod. I thought it was someone else."

Rider wasn't really concerned if Goggles or Prince saw him sing, he was comfortable around the two. Both were kind enough to respect what he did, and never made critiques or overreacted like the others did. Well, technically Goggles WAS like the others at some point, but Rider had a little talk with him and everything was fixed. He had come to the studios because he too, could not sleep. It had been...a few weeks? Maybe? Since their last problem with the shadowlings. Not that he was having sleep problems because of that, just...he didn't know why he was up.