Prince Epilogue: The Princess

💫Prince Epilogue: The Princess.

(A few years earlier...)

Running....

She couldn't stop.

She had heard all about it. The queen wanted her dead. She had sent people out to find and kill her. And now her life was on the line. Anyone here could be a traitor, and she wouldn't know. She felt horrible.

She wished she could just...disappear. Blend into the crowd. But she couldn't. Nobody would be willing to help her. Even if there was someone, they might cause trouble for her. They might continue treating her like a princess. It was too risky.

Needing to take a break from running, she hid in an alleyway. She made sure she was hidden deep within it, as she didn't want anybody to find her. She sat there and cried quietly. She couldn't stop it, but she didn't want this fate. She had no magic powers, no skill in combat, no knowledge of weaponry, nothing.

Nothing to defend herself with.

She had ran away without her royal clothes, using a commoner's vest and shirt to disguise herself, as well as some jeans and boots. Despite this, she still remained hidden in case someone recognized her face. She sat there and continued her cries. She felt hopeless. She had no plan, nothing to do...

A twinkling was walking down the streets on his way home when he heard the sniffles. He stopped and looked around. He noticed it was coming from a nearby alley, but all he saw was boxes. He looked around, and, seeing nobody coming (the streets here were empty at the moment), quickly dashed into the alley. He then resumed his search for the source.

He found her.

Behind those boxes was a young twinkling girl. He wanted to help her, but was scared she might lash out at him. He didn't know how to approach, and he had the feeling she planned on crying for a while. He kept his distance as he thought of what to say. The girl kept crying.

"Hey" he whispered.

The girl looked up, startled, and saw him. He looked at her face. It was so pretty, but he had never seen her before.

"Ah...is something wrong? D-don't worry, I won't hurt you..." he said.

The girl stared at him.

"Do you...know who I am...?" she asked quietly, as if afraid.

"No? Why would I? You're just a girl I found in the alley crying. I only meant to see if you were alright" he replied, still keeping his voice down.

"You're...serious?"

"Mhm!"

The girl thought for a moment. She didn't trust him, but...this was a chance. She could tells few lies to get to safety. If he turned out to be bad, she could flee again. It wouldn't be too hard.

"Well...I'm sad because...my parents rejected me. I've been running away from home for a while. Don't arrest them, they'll know it was me who asked for that. I just need a place to stay" she said quietly.

"Well...I live alone in an apartment, I'm sure I could help you out!" the guy responded.

"Really?!"

"Sure!"

"Well...okay. But you have to hide me from the public...because...my parents know a lot of people, and they could see me and...you know?"

"Ah, I gotcha. Don't worry, I'll keep you safe!"

And with that, the male twinkling hid the girl (in squid form) in his coat and dashed home.