Emperor III: Stage Showdown!

💫Emperor III: Stage Showdown!

The crowd was so deafening that the squidbeak had to cover their ears, though Verse cheered along too. This was the show all twinkling had been waiting for, and it finally happened. The applause lasted for practically a minute long as SSS left the stage and the curtains closed for more prop fixing. Once the cheers dwindled down, the squidbeak uncovered their ears. The regular chatter had resumed, and it was all about how godly the group performed.

"Well. They were indeed an interesting group..." Emperor said.

The others nodded.
"Yup."

"I wonder if they were the lead we needed? They certainly seemed popular" Emperor added.

"True, but we have no way of knowing until later" Hachi replied.

"Right. We need to keep watching!" Goggles said.

Luckily, the curtains pulled back again, and this time a different group of sea creatures-twinkling fish of sorts-were on stage. They began doing their show, and again the squidbeak watched them. They kept watching each show, keeping their eyes on the people performing. Some people seems suspicious to them, but the squidbeak made a point to themselves that anyone could be suspicious. Agreeing on it, the group decided to save questions for later. Prince was also going to ask Emperor about Empress, but he figured Emperor would deal with that himself.

Eventually all the dances had gone through, there were only five after the SSS performed. The twinklings were about to head out of the place when a new twinkling walked onstage, this time a male. They too had a megaphone. The squidbeak sat in their seats, trying to examine the twinklings standing up around them, but noticed they were sitting down. Once they cleared, the squidbeak could see the twinkling on the stage, and once everyone had settle down, they spoke.

"Before you leave, we would like to announce one final treat! We will now have a dance off! This will determine the people that will have a chance to meet the idols themselves in person!"

That caught the squidbeak's attention.

This was their chance, they had to win this.

"However, the idols will also be performing in this dance as well to knock out any easy-outers!"

Oh.

Well in that case, the squidbeak had to choose their dancers carefully. They grouped amongst themselves as best they could to talk.

"So, Goggles and Gloves, right?" Rider asked.

"What?! What makes you guys think US?" Gloves said.

Hachi thought.
"Well, Goggles has gotten away with plenty of crazy things before, so-"

"No, no. Why can't the rest of y'all dance, huh?" Gloves asked.

Nana looked at Hachi.

"We uh. Never really learned how to? I mean, we know a few moves, but probably not enough to get us to the top..." Nana replied.

"What about Flip?" Goggles asked.

"I mean I could, but my dances are probably a little too...modern...for this, if you know what I mean." (Chances were, twinklings had different memes compared to inkopolis.)

"Right...so I guess it's just-wait, why not Prince and Emperor? They could be a good duo because they work with dualies, so they could pretend like they're dodging attacks!" Gloves exclaimed.