Prince III: Into Space!

💫Prince III: Into Space!

It was slow, but the squidbeak felt it. The rocket slowly lifting off the ground. Stress levels were at the max now. The rocket slowly rose into the sky, higher and higher. The sound of the engines was almost deafening. The rocket eventually got far enough off the ground to the point where the squidbeak were in the blues of the sky. They couldn't see the planet behind them, but they knew they must be thousands and thousands of feet in the air by now.

The idol 4 were still tense, as even though the launch had been successful, there were still chances for the rocket to malfunction. Callie, Pearl, and Marie had all taken up a station in order to watch over the squidbeak and monitor the rocket. Nothing seemed unstable, all mechanics seemed to be running fine. Marina would've test-run it herself beforehand, but the thing was, rockets were kinda one-use, at least in their case. She didn't want to risk damaging it before the squidbeak used it, though she had tested the mechanics within the ship before.

In time, the squidbeak eventually reached space. It was strange, watching the blue of the sky slowly darken to the starry sky of space. They had to admit, it was kind of cool. Once the rocket slowed down, Rider, who was sitting in the front area, began to pilot the rocket, having taken both mental and physical (on a notepad he brought with him) note of what Marina had said. The others remained seated, but were curious as to what would happen now that they were in space. Goggles was starting to get hungry, but like Prince, he hadn't heard where the food was stored.

He began unbuckling his seatbelt in order to get out, but he also forgot one important thing:

There's no gravity in space.

So, when he did get out of his seat, he began floating while attempting to walk down the seating aisle to get to the door to the rest of the rocket. Prince noticed where he was going.

"Uh, Goggles? You trying to do something?" he asked, turning to try and see what Goggles was doing. He remained buckled up and seated.

"Yeah! I'm hungry, and I wanted to know where Marina put the food!" Goggles replied, not taking his eyes off the door handle. He had floated up some, but had gripped the handle to keep himself on.

"It's actually in a small compartment next to the door," Rider said, "somewhere to the left or right, I forgot."

Goggles turned around and checked. There were compartments in both the left and right side, so he checked both. The left side seemingly contained health kit supplies and other things like notepads and pens. Goggles closed the compartment door and checked the right side. He was surprised to find a lot of plastic packaging, but spotted a small cylinder container in the corner. He took it out and read it.

"Freeze dried...I can't read this fancy text, whatever. I'm sure it's good!"

And with that, he popped the cap open (it hinged on a small piece of plastic) and put a small handful of what appeared to be tiny round pebbles into his hand. He then popped them all in his mouth, trying to catch the stray ones that had flown out of his hand and eat them as well. It felt...strange, but tasted good! It reminded him of ice cream. He continued eating more, but that jut meant more stray bits began flying through the spaceship. Gloves and Hachi saw the bits slowly fly by while Rider was still figuring out the rocket with Emperor and Nana's help. Flip was asleep, and Prince was staring off into space.

"Uh...Goggles? You sure eating such a messy food is a good idea?" Gloves asked worriedly.

"Messy? It's not messy!" Goggles replied, having not seen the stray bits that had drifted further away from him. He only could see the ones nearby.