Hachi III: The Show

💫Hachi III: The Show

The wait wasn't actually as bad as the group thought it would be. Sure, it took a while, but the clock said it took 5 minutes. Once the squidbeak had gotten registered, they only had a few more minutes left to purchase snacks and find the place they were going to sit. There was a currency exchange center, so luckily Rider was able to convert some of his money. He was also nice enough to buy a few things for the group, but they were small cheap things, and everyone got one thing each.

Once that was done, they decided to find the theatre seats. They walked down the lanes that contained the doors to the theaters, looking for the number on their tickets. They couldn't find it down one lane, but they managed to find it down the other lane. Upon opening the door, they were surprised to hear only chatter, and no sounds of shows or sound effects. They each went inside, holding the door for one another and making sure nobody was lost or had to go to the bathroom last minute. Actually, because they checked, a few of them did after the rocket rider over.

The rest of them found their seats while Hachi stayed by the door to help the others back to the seats, though he was sure they had the tickets. The seats weren't too far back from the main stage, they were around the middle area. The others could only sit and wait in the nearly deafening chatter of the crowd. Rider didn't like all the noise around him, but he had no way to block the noise out, so he could only sit there grumpily. The others were able to finish up with their business, and Hachi lead them all back to their seats.

As they were all sitting together, they noticed an electric clock on both sides of the room. The show was about to start in one minute, and their hearts were racing. They could finally get a lead on this mission, and hopefully enjoy the things that came with it. The others began conversing amongst themselves about what they thought they would see. Hachi noticed Verse was very excited, and decided to converse with her.

"So, why don't you tell us about some of the people that will show up here? You seemed like you really wanted to go, so does that mean you've seen stuff like this before?" Hachi asked.

"Ah, yeah I have! You see, the opener is always the same but it's never quite the same in person compared to a computer or TV screen. I forgot the name of who performed it, but it's worth it!" Verse replied happily.

"Interesting...are all the performers twinklings?"

"Mostly. You get some species variety, but sometimes creatures from different worlds find their way over here. I've heard this time the SSS are coming over, and nobody knows where they're from! They're really cool..."

This caught the rest of the squidbeak's attention, and they decided to listen in.

"SSS? Explain" Hachi said, noticing the others look at them out of the corner of his eye.

"Well, I've heard it stands for Splats, Subs, and Specials. It's a pretty neat name if you ask me!" Verse explained.

"Strange. Who are the members?" Hachi continued, taking mental note of this.

"Ah, Carnelian, Fuschia, Kitsune, and Vertex! They're all inklings I think? I don't remember what kind, but I think they're also all male. Each star has their own fanbase and everything! I don't exactly look up to them, but I do still love their performances!"

"I see, I see. Are they the most popular?" Hachi asked, now feeling the squidbeak listen to every drop of conversation.

"Uh. Not exactly top popularity, because they've never actually performed a live show here before, but they're fairly popular within a certain crowd."

Hachi took this into consideration. Sure, they were just famous people, but could they possibly have something to do with the princess? Since they were just showing up now and not beforehand? It was an interesting thought. The squidbeak would just have to wait and see.