Emperor II: Splats, Subs, Specials

💫Emperor II: Splats, Subs, Specials

Just then, the lights flashed again, and the crowd quieted down. The curtains pulled back, and a projector started rolling some kind of video. The squidbeak practically glued their eyes to it. It showed a logo, and then faded to a screen of what was supposedly live footage. The effects on the video were very well done, and the squidbeak wondered who made all of it. The images contained what appeared to be four twinklings with very interesting costumes on. The song started, but it seemed to be...sung?

You know what this is
Coming back again
You wanna this thing right now, It's SSS, uh!

At this, the screen suddenly rolled up at a lightning-fast speed, and standing on a platform were indeed, the same four twinklings that were in the video. Fans screamed, along with Verse. So this was the group called SSS, huh? They looked pretty cool, but...something about them seemed familiar. The squidbeak couldn't quite put their finger in it though. Maybe they just needed to watch the show and find out to see if they truly knew them or not. The kid that Rider had realized was Vertex came forward and began singing as more fans cheered.

I'm a squid and I'm a kid
メガホンレーザーを入手 (megahon reza o nyushu)
and メガホンレーザー say loud, loud, loud, loud (sakebu ni)

I could shoot into the sky
空中で高い (kuchu de takai)
飛んでいるタコ fly, fly, fly, fly (tonde iru tako)

Whoah, hold up. REAL Japanese?! (I mean, I know they probably do because that's where inkopolis is but since this is technically "translated" to english for us to understand, this shows that they're actually talking Japanese even if it was supposedly "translated") That was a rarity, but it fit the song well. The next one, Fuschia, took Vertex's place as the two walked down the stage to switch places. More fans screamed as he began singing. The squidbeak were staring at these guys without blinking. Something about them certainly seemed important, and they were especially surprised when he pulled out two strange belt like things and they began waving around him like he controlled them, even if they did move to the beat. THAT got the squidbeak's attention.

And when I start shootin' like that (like that)
Oh you won't have time to react
When you look up in my face
See my splatting and my grace
You should booyah back say, now, now, now, now

As Fuschia turned around to walk back, the stage lights centered on a prop containing the person Rider believed was Kitsune, based on their mask. Emperor absolutely LOVED the aesthetic of them, as they sat atop a washing machine with their crystal tail. They looked super fancy, all of them did. He wondered how rich they were if they could afford all of this stuff. The music calmed down some from its rapid fast paced beat, and Verse was enjoying every moment of this song. More fans cheered as Kitsune sung.

So don't stay still, get the cue
Or あなたは撃たれる (anata wa utareru)
ランク付け mode (rankku tsuke)
チャンスはありますか? (chansu wa arimasu ka?)

Wait, so now TWO of them actually knew Japanese?! This was new. The way they could weave it into a song like that, and while keeping the rhyme scheme as well. Rider began wondering if he should do that with his songs too. It would be a nice touch and a little surprise for those who heard it...

We got it all here and planned out
So can you handle this with all that doubt?
Let's go rough
not scared to blow you up
Can we start the match now?