Gloves III: Find The Crime

💫Gloves III: Find The Crime

Verse had seen how shocked they were and decided that this place wasn't the place to talk. They quickly excused the group and got everyone out of the shop, as Baily thanked them for visiting. Verse then got everyone into an alleyway and shook them awake. They knew something was wrong but didn't understand. They also didn't know who Calliope was, but if it shocked these other cephalopods so badly, it must've been something bad.

"The queen here..." Rider mumbled, shaking.

"Is Calliope's cousin..." Hachi finished, still shocked.

"I think we've found our crime..." Emperor added.

"Hello? You guys okay? I need an explanation here!" Verse said, waving their arms in front of the still-recovering squidbeak.

Goggles shook his head, recovering form shock first.

"Ah, well, you see, she's an adult skyling in her 40s and-"

"Skyling?" Verse asked.

"Evolved from flying squids, basically squids with wings" Hachi said, also recovering.

"Ah, gotcha."

Gloves recovered as well.

"Yeah, you see uh-where we're from, she sent an army to our home and destroyed it...We had to hide away and try and find a way to the skylings' home, Sky Peak, to stop her."

"Why couldn't you guys fight back?" Verse asked.

"Well 1, we don't have wings, and 2, they had dart guns to turn us into squid form for an hour or so" Flip explained.

The rest of them had recovered by now.

"Your powers don't work even when you're still in squid form?" Verse said, raising an eyebrow.

"We don't exactly have powers...we just use weapons" Emperor replied.

"Oh wow, that must be horrible!"

"Whoah whoah whoah, you say that like YOU have powers. What can YOU do, eh?" Gloves asked.

"Oh, easy! I can create space dust and control that! And float sometimes too, but I haven't learned to control that yet-"

"Oh..."

"Anywho, now that we've all recovered, I'm assuming we should continue to the show area?" Verse asked.

"Yeah!" Goggles said.

"Well yeah, but...we still need to figure out the crime" Rider said.

"Isn't the mission to stop the queen?" Prince asked.

"Well, true, but just because she's the cousin of someone evil doesn't mean that she herself is evil, right?" Emperor replied.

"Let's hope not..." Gloves mumbled.

"But what about the princess?" Nana asked.

"Oh, true. Hey Verse, you know anything about the princess?"

Verse thought to themselves for a moment.

"Nothing except she's probably you guys' age, and her ink color is the same as Queen Marion's!"

Flip narrowed her eyes at Verse.

"Which would be...?"

"Cyan and pink, Like me!"

The squidbeak exchanged glances.

"Are YOU the princess?" Gloves asked.

"Wha-well, true, I guess I match the description I gave you, but I'm not! I may be a girl, but I'm not royalty!" Verse said happily.