Chapter 28

"Here's little Allie." Alexander says while gently placing my our new baby girl in my arms. He sits right beside me with his arms around me. "She has your beautiful face." he says which makes me laugh a little bit.

"Anything on how Richard is doing?" I ask. "Well they are doing a few tests, if the cancer isn't serious then they will just have to put him in some kind of medicine." "But?" I ask, waiting for the bad news. "But, if it's as serious as they think, then they will have to do a small surgery, but if that happens it will only be 3 days more until we can hold him." he says. "Ok." I say with tears already flowing from my eyes. I look down at Allie and kiss her forehead "We will get to see your brother real soon." I whisper to her even though I know she can understand me. Alexander kisses my cheek and begins to whisper to me "He is going to be fine, you can go home when your ready, we can stop by and see him through the window before we go. Everything will be alright."

"I have your bag." Alexander says. "I have Allie." I say back. "Are you sure it's ok to take her her home today?" I ask him. "Yeah, the doctor said it was fine." he says back. "Ok."

We go to the window where we can see Richard. "Look, there he is." Alexander says pointing ti his little crib like thing that he is in. "Awe, he's adorable." he says. "I can't wait to see you." I say. "Wait, did you ever find out when we can bring him home?" I ask him. "Sadly we can't bring him home today. The doctor said he would call when we can get him." he answers. "Ok." I say looking down. Come on babe, we should go." he says putting his hand on my back and guiding me out.

We get back ti my parents house and I immediately go to the bedroom. "Hun, do you want anything to eat?!" he yells from the kitchen. "Yes please!" I yell back.

Alexander comes in minutes later with a huge pot of macaroni and cheese and two spoons. "Yum! Just what I was in the mood for!" I say. He smiles and plops down on the bed. "Where Allie?" he asks. "In her crib." I say pointing to the corner of the room. "She's so quiet." he says. "That's because she's sleeping." I say. "Oh." he says. We turn on the tv to the gossip channel and we don't see anything about us. "Wow, that's weird." he says. "They probably don't know we are here." I say. "It's been really nice not having them follow us around." he says. "Defiantly." I say.

We eat all of the macaroni out of the pot and then I go and get Allie. I get her in my arms and sit up on the bed with her. "I hope Richard is ok." I say. "Wow, I'm sure Allie is feeling the love." Alexander says. "I know I'm sorry, I just can't stop worrying." "Well you shouldn't be, because everything is going to be fine, and we have one of our beautiful babies right here with us." he says, taking Allie from my arms. "Now take a nap." he says. "After I feed her I will." I say. "No, you take a nap and I'll feed her." he says. "Alexander, you can't feed her." I say. "Oh, ya." he says. "You can feed her." he says giving her to me. "Thank you." I say as in walking out of the bedroom door to the living room.