• 20

Calvin

Bethany and Ana went to the police with video evidence of what happened at the party, starting an investigation. It wasn't long, wrapping up by the end of the weekend. Ben and I had to give statements as well as Ana. That guy, whatever his name was, that hurt Ben... he didn't even deny anything. He had no regrets about it. It makes me sick.

Thankfully for us, he's had so many offenses before that they refused to do him anymore favors. He's going to prison for a while, where he will get to work out his deeply repressed sexual frustration, I'm sure. God, he was a psychopath.

On top of all of that, Benjamin's mother is sick and dying. I know how stressful that is on his conscience. Aside from crying himself to sleep for the last week straight, he can't even pay attention. I would simply be talking about something random and he would be spacing out, worse than usual. I guess he knows his mother isn't going to make it, and he's not coping well.

Today, since it's Saturday, I've turned his alarm off and allowed him to sleep in for a few hours more after a very unneeded week of work. He refused to take it slow at all and simply worked his ass off to keep his mind off things. Now he's exhausted and crashing hard. I slip out of bed after lying with him for a while and head downstairs. In the kitchen, I pull a hundred ingredients from the fridge and pantry and start on a breakfast in bed for him.

It's not much, but after a constant week of no intimacy brought on by emotional stress, he could use anything to unwind. I know he feels guilty; his life is going well and his mother's isn't. He allows it to ruin his life. He won't eat much, can't sleep, and has had zero sex drive. It's not like him at all.

I honestly relate. When my mother was sick, I didn't eat or sleep. I stayed up all night with her and my father. He couldn't sleep either, so we spent a lot of sleepless nights talking and crying together about the inevitability of her passing. When she was gone, I thought he and I could move on together and be okay. We had forged a new bond, or at least I had thought. Not long after, he disappeared. If he had been distant before her death, it might've hurt less when he left me.

Stupid onions making me cry.

After crafting a fantastic breakfast that Ben better eat every single bit of, I load all of it onto a big tray. I carry the food upstairs with a proud smile. This boy makes me do things I would have never thought to do for anyone before him. I suppose that's what it's like to want to marry someone; you'd do anything for them.

I lay the tray of food on the long table against the wall on his side of the bed and look at his serene face. He had a good night, with no nightmares at all. I almost regret waking him up. I get into bed with him and hold him, kissing him all over the neck gently. This slowly pulls him out of sleep, in which I gained a cute moan through a yawn.

"Morning," I whisper. He sits up, pulling my arms away from his body in the process.

"Did I sleep in?" he asks.

"Yeah, I let you."

"I was supposed to get a call from Doctor–"

"I handled it, Benjamin." I literally did not handle it, but I will call him back later. Ben falls back down on the bed and let's out a stressed sigh.

"Uh, thank you. You didn't have to."

"I did. You've had one of the worst weeks of your life. I wanted to do something to help. You needed sleep, and you need food." I stand and grab the food, returning to bed. I take the silver lid off the tray to reveal his breakfast. A plate of bacon, two omelettes, buttered toast with jam, and oatmeal with strawberries and blueberries fill the metal surface. I even made him fresh orange juice.