• 11

"Oh, you fucker!" I shout at Calvin and shove him across the couch. I desperately struggle to knock the GameCube controller from his hands and cheat to win this game.

"I'm sorry I'm classically trained in the ways of Smash Bros. and you aren't," he jokes. He's playing as Donkey Kong, and I picked Jigglypuff because she was cute. I didn't know there was a power difference.

"You can't just stand under me and wait for me to fall! You are cheating!!" Calvin keeps laughing and keeps destroying me at this game. I drop the controller on the floor and lie back against the couch, pouting.

"Don't be like that, Ben," he fake whines. He tries crawling up to me to be cute and apologize, but I just turn away.

"I'm fine, I just don't wanna play anymore." He hums his throat against my arm and nuzzles his face against me.

"Well, what do you wanna do? We've eaten almost everything in the fridge, had sex like five times, and played video games. That's all I have to offer, sorry." I laugh at him and finally let him climb up and kiss me. Not that I was actually successfully holding him back anyway.

"You know, I've played more video games in the past seven days that I've played in my life?" Calvin's eyes widen in shock.

"That's sad, Ben." I chuckle, kissing his forehead like he's a cat.

"I'm pretty damn decent for someone who's never played any video games, right?" He chuckles.

"No, actually. You play like a grandma." I thump the spot I kissed and shove him off. "Aw, come on, babe."

"Since you aren't at work anymore, should I just go back?" I ask him.

Calvin rolls his neck in thought, then coughs, "If that's what you want."

"I want to stay here in your lovely home and be a slob with you while you are suspended. But, that'd be asking a lot, wouldn't it? Maybe I should talk to Ag about it."

"Shit. I haven't even talked to her about this. I hope she won't be mad." I chuckle.

"If I tell her you groveled like a little baby, she won't be mad."

Calvin scoffs. "I didn't grovel. I like... love you, or whatever."

My cheeks redden and my heart aches at his bashful way of talking about his feelings. I climb into his lap and sit firmly on top, facing his cute red face. "I love you, or whatever, too." He kisses me before I can even think about it. Our lips dance with a rhythm unknown to either of us, like they are doing their own thing. Love is more than an emotion for us. It's a force of nature. It's a will. Humans don't drive love, love drives us. That may be why I shied away from it for so long. I'm glad I waited.

"Calvin!" shouts Agatha from the front door. I activate gymnastics mode and back handspring off of him into a chair across the room and sit down casually as Agatha walks in the room. Calvin continues to sit in a trance. "Calvin, what are you doing?"

"Wh...what? Oh, Agatha. Hey, cousin." He smirks at me as he rests against the arm of the couch.

Agatha casually waves to me. "Hi Benjamin. Calvin," she redirects, "we have to talk about your plans to visit France and talk about sales. You and Sarah were supposed to go, but now that you're suspended, you can't quite do that."

Calvin and I gape at her, surprised she isn't more... surprised that I'm here.

"You... don't have anything to say to us?" Calvin asks.

She chuckles. "I fully expected to see the two of you here this morning. I know Benjamin and I know you. There was no way the two of you were staying away for long. Now, the task at hand, please."