• 06

"Thanks for taking me to the airport with you," I say to Timothy who is grabbing my suitcases.

"It's nothin, Ben. I know you weren't ready to see Calvin yet, and I'm like your only other ride option. But you really need to talk to him. We'll be here for a bit, so you might want to. I want you to make up with him. I want you... to be happy." Timothy hands me my two suitcases and gives a fake smile.

"I'm sorry I really messed everything up. I hope we can still be friends and enjoy Japan together," I say. Timothy just ignores me and continues to grab his own things. I start walking up the stairs into the terminal. Eventually, according to the directions sent to me by Ms. Connors, I find everyone sitting together in a waiting area. Calvin's eyes lift from his laptop and begin darting in a panicked fashion. I can't help but smile when I see him.

I make my way over to Calvin and take a seat in the empty chair right beside him. He doesn't even look at me in fear of what I might say. I can just see his body tensing up. "Calvin, I want to apologize."

"Don't," he says simply and resumes whatever he's doing on his computer.

"But I am. I overreacted. I know you don't really feel that way about me." He turns to look at me for the first time since I arrived.

"I'm glad you know that. But apparently you think I do, and I don't know if I want to be with a guy who doesn't trust me." He snorts back pent up anger and turns away again.

"I said I was sorry!" I yell a little too loudly. Sarah grabs my hand and leads me across the waiting area quickly. It surprised me a lot, but I appreciated it.

She spoke quietly, "He's mad with you right now. He'll get over it. We talked about your outburst with him. You had the right to be angry with him, but in a way, he has a right to be offended as well."

"He regarded me as if I were entirely disposable. That's why I got upset. But I knew, deep down, he didn't really feel that way. I didn't expect it to turn into him being mad at me." Sarah pats my shoulder.

"I'm sorry he said those things to you. For now, he'll just be upset about what you said about him."

I scoff, "I got over it in two days. He's still mad. He's being petty compared to me, and I'm like the pettiest person ever!" I look over to him staring at me, and he jerks his head away. "God, I just want to kiss him again."

"Maybe you should. He still likes you a lot, just won't admit it. If you bribe him with kisses, maybe he'll quit being a bitch."

"Damn, that's harsh calling him a bitch," I laugh.

She shrugs. "I'm tired of him being a bitch, too." We laugh, then get up to board our plane. We're flying first class, which is a first for me. When I get on the plane, I see Ross and Timothy sitting next to each other, Ross silently begging me to kick Tim out of the seat. I just shrug and give him a sly smirk. I look for my seat, and when I finally find it, I sit next to the window and relax. I really have no clue who is going to sit next to me.

Of course, Calvin takes a seat right beside me. He puts his carryon above us and sits back down, shuffling his hands in his lap.

"Okay!" he says abruptly. "I was going to act all upset to spite you, but I can't help it. I'm sorry I treated you like that, I don't think of you that way, and you know it. I just want to go back to normal. Please." I look across the aisle and see Sarah and Agatha too occupied to notice me lean over and kiss Calvin on the mouth. He returns it feverishly, grabbing the sides of my head and indulging my lips. I pull away and rest my forehead against his, chuckling.

"You good?" I ask him.

He breathes, "I am now. I missed you. A lot."

I nod, turning away to purchase a movie on the monitor in front of me. Calvin slips on his headphones and begins playing some music. He leans back against the seat comfortably, probably to sleep through the flight. He did seem pretty stressed and tired. I slip in my earbuds and begin the movie. Much to my surprise, I feel Calvin's fingers slowly slip between mine. I take his hand gladly and rub my thumb against it. I think I'm going to enjoy this flight.