• 15

Benjamin

After an eventful and rivalrous morning in which I destroy Agatha and Calvin at fishing, we retire to the house. It's quiet out here, I've noticed. Of course, our rowdy bunch keeps things lively, but there is that overarching silence that a bustling city could never achieve.

This week has been one of the best of my life. My eyes are opened every day, every hour, to how simple life can and should be compared to what we subject ourselves to. It's been amazing spending quality time with Agatha, Sarah, and Shelly, and to get away from home with Calvin is so needed. Not to be so explicit, but this vacation has had Calvin performing the most amazing things on me. The change of pace really has helped in every way.

I drift in though as Calvin flicks through the newspaper. I can't help but stop and think every now and then, how different my life has become in the past few months. I took a metaphorical leap of faith with Calvin, and a literal one when I passed out drunk. I still can't believe he so easily admitted his bisexuality that next morning, after getting his sexy self dressed and teasing me all the while. Now that I know he and Ross were betting on Calvin screwing me, it makes sense he would, but I'm still wondering if he tantalized me so devilishly for another purpose.

"What are you thinking about, luv?" Calvin asks me. I snap out of my train of thought and smile at him.

"Just what we might be doing today. It is our last day, after all." Christmas was yesterday, so that's over with. Calvin and I got each other gifts that we'll be opening at home, so that we didn't have to lug everything here with and have to bring it all back in the end. We did, however, bring Agatha a gift since she lives in Seattle. We got her some luxury perfume, and she absolutely loved it. She's like a collector of them. She got us matching underwear, and it's actually the most comfortable thing I've ever worn. Calvin says they make my ass look "magically delicious."

Considering yesterday, what could we possibly do on our last day here?

"I want to take you into town. We can go see a movie, shop, eat, whatever you want, baby. I have some places I'd like to take you in particular, if you're interested."

I hum in the thought of going to Calvin's past memories in person. "Of course! Let's go. I'd love to see all of your favorite places in town."

—————

Calvin and I take a car ride into town, but he isn't telling me what we're doing or where we're going. I trust it will be fun whatever we do, but I'm nervous. For a while, the city ends and the forest begins, then we stop and get out. It's a cemetery, but it's more beautiful than any I've ever seen. The pathways are decorated with gorgeous white flowers, and there are some people visiting loved ones.

"Where are we?" I ask Calvin to confirm my thoughts.

"My aunt is buried here. You said you'd like to meet her. It's about time we visited."

"I will admit, I thought about asking you. But I wanted to let you decide if that's something you wanted to do," I assure. He takes my hand and gives a soft smile.

"I owe it to her and the rest of my family to pay my respects." I nod, following Calvin. He reaches into the front passenger window of the car and grabs a bouquet of white roses. Then he leads me down the central path. It's comforting in a way to see people talking to or even just looking on the graves of their passed loved ones. Some might say it is depressing, but I enjoy the aura and atmosphere.

Calvin takes a turn to the left, so I simply clutch both arms around one of his to stick next to him and not get left behind. It's embarrassing the amount of times I've gotten lost in public because I can't keep up with him. We slow to a stop in front of a gorgeous white marble grave, with Nan's full name etched into the white stone. Calvin walks around the edge and puts the fresh flowers in the slot at the top of the slab.