CHAPTER 52: Fate

Chapter 52

"Fate"

***

ANNA'S POV
-Inside the car-

"It's still unbelievable..." Miel said for - I don't know - the nth time. We are now inside my guards' car, on the way to the Komori hotel and casino. Apparently, these twins left their car at the hotel's parking lot.

Because, yes, Takei-san brought them to the interrogation house to speak to me. Both of them insisted to see me, to make sure I'm safe - most specially Miel, Takei-san told me.

To think that Miel wanted to see me, to the point where he even sided with his twin brother, is a sweet gesture. But the thought is kinda ironic, their innocent concern turned into a bitter pill that is hard to swallow.

"Stop it, would you?" Riel said. We are at the back of the car, and I'm between them. "I'm in the process of accepting this unexpected fate of yours. Hearing that makes me want to redo everything I did the entire day."

"Are you regretting it now?" I asked in a small voice, I am referring to both of them. I didn't bother wearing the faux hair, instead, I wore the hoodie jacket Takei-san was wearing earlier to conceal my real hair. "What am I saying? Of course, you do. Who would ever think you'd be one of us sooner or later."

"Yeah," Miel agreed. "Hearing your familiar voice in a different person is also unbelievable," His voice is also small, and I know he was looking at me. "Do we have a choice? This is really happening, and all we can do now is to accept this and wish that we could survive."

"Don't forget that you must eat Ambrosia within a week," I told him. I almost smiled when I heard them groan.

"Don't remind me, please," Miel whined. "By the way, where are you going after this? I mean, we're going back to the hotel for Riel's car. Are you going back to your apartment? It's already 2 am in the morning. That'd be a long ride."

"If you are asking Anna-san to go back to the apartment with you two, I'm afraid I can't allow that," Yoh's deep voice spoke out of the sudden. We are speaking in English, and I almost forgot that Yoh and the other guards are now learning English with a private tutor. "However, what we could offer at the moment is a free stay overnight at the hotel."

I looked at Yoh. "Is it...?"

"Don't worry," Yoh answered. "Takei-san already arranged two rooms for you and for the two kids. This won't be noticed by your brothers if that's what you're wondering."

I shouldn't be surprised that Takei-san managed to that beforehand. But, should I be surprised, anyway? There are too many surprising events that happened today. This is not really surprising compare to what happened earlier.

"Would that be okay with you two?" Yoh asked them. "We know that you are currently not living with your parents. Takei-san must have already contacted your grandfather about this. But, your two friends must be worried about your whereabouts at the moment."

I felt Riel became tense. "Hey, how did you know about that?"

"We do not need to tell you, do we?"

"Were you stalking us?" Riel asked. "I don't know if I'll be alarmed or what; you already know almost everything about us, while we don't even know about you guys - until now."

"Are you underestimating us, boy?" Yoh's voice sounded stern. "Do not forget your position now. Even with your grandfather's 4 points, you are still an outsider and our subordinate."