CHAPTER 38: Friendship

Chapter Summary: We can see how Anna made friends with someone despite her constant worries and doubts about herself, and her demons.

NOTE: This and the following chapter will be connected to the other story, TIQT EXTRA, Chapter 1. Anna and Miel was talking about this certain words he said at the Baguio trip, and why he was acting slightly different toward Anna.

Chapter 38

"Friendship"

***

ANNA'S POV

"Okay, everyone, let's tone our voice down and keep your excitement inside the bag first," Ma'am Elaine said. Everyone hushed. "Before anything else, this is Sir Arsenio Arbrera," She gestured her hands to the same man that Zaila pointed. "He is the head of this school. And in case some of you aren't aware yet, this man is the older brother of our own Principal, Sir Fransimar Abrera."

"Good day, students," The head greeted with a sweet smile. Everyone greeted back. "Are your ears doing okay? I hope it is. I know how tiring and boring it is to travel about several hours, seeing nothing but cliff and fog and big rocks, but I'm so delighted that all of you have arrived safely. I'm honored to be standing in front of the third years at the Manila International School, seeing that my grandsons were here as well ― Ah, where are you my sweet cakes?"

Everyone turned their head around, hoping to see said grandsons, but they ended up looking at the far right corner of the hall when Riel raised a hand and spoke up, "I'm here,"

I can hear the 'rolling of eyes' in his voice, even when he was smiling.

"There you are, come here, I've missed you," I blinked when he cooed, and blinked some more when Riel obeyed and the older man hugged him, kissed ans cuddled his head like a little cutesy boy.

"Grandpa, we're in front of the third years," Riel reminded.

"Oh, right," He cleared his throat when some of the class snickered. While others practically cream their knickers. "Where's your twin, by the way?"

"Out, I think," Riel answered.

"He must have been excited to tour around the campus. This is his and your first time coming to Baguio, yes?"

"Second time, for me," Riel said. "First time for him."

"Ah, I almost forgot," He said. "I've been forgetting things these days."

Riel only smiled. The kind of smile that you do when you wanted to look happy, but you're not. The pissed smile. I don't know why, maybe he doesn't want to let us see that their grandpa is still babying him.

Now I know where Miel's comment earlier was coming from.

"Moving on, to welcome you furthermore, the lovely lady here beside me is the supervisor of this dorm," He gestured at the lady next to him who waved and greeted us. "she allowed us to use this college dorm ― the upper part, in particular ― for the next three days that you'll be spending here. The first floor is occupied with students already, as some of you can notice," He said, and waved back at a random group of students who greeted him. "while some of the rooms upstairs were vacant, am I right, Miss Sheryl?"