CHAPTER 33: Safe, At Last

NOTE: Please read TIQT EXTRA for more Anna x Miel Moments ~

Thanks for reading. For the votes. For the comments. You are making me so happy. <3

Please note that Anna is using Japanese language when mad, surprised, or anything with intense emotions.

Enjoy Reading~!

"Tama ka ng hula. Kasintahan ko si Anna."

-Miel 

Chapter 33

"Safe, at Last"

***

ANNA'S POV

Is it just me?

Or people were really looking at me with those weird looks.

No, they are not just looking.

They are staring.

Some were glaring. Some were whispering something I can't decipher. Of course, they are whispering. Idiot.

I'm uncertain, but I got the feeling that this got something to do about Miel and Antoinette's conversation the other day. I had a bad feeling about their conversation in the first place, and I think that I'm right.

Since I'm almost used with the people's standards here, their stares didn't bother me anymore.

Well...On second thought, I think it is. Though, I shouldn't let this distract me or my name might be included in the warning list again.

As I opened the door of our classroom, all of their gazes fell on me. I ignored them and went to my seat as if nothing was wrong.

"Err...A-Anna."

I looked at my side when someone greeted me.

It was Miel, who else can it be?

I noted the whisperings around us, as well as the stares, both good and bad. I can also notice Miel's awkward smile.

As always, I ignored him. And the unusual beat of my heart. I looked at him when he handed me something.

A folded paper.

I'm on the middle of deciding whether to accept or reject it, but he putted the paper on the table before I could decide. He walked back to his own seat and wore his headphones after.

I looked at the piece of paper. Should I look at it?

Sighing in defeat, I unfolded the paper.

Meet me at the secret place later. Lunch break. I have something important to tell you.

-Miel

I crumpled the paper after, frowning with his words.

I'm curious.

***

Even though I knew that coming at the secret place is a ridiculous idea, I still came.

Why you say? Because my normal part of my mind has already raised its white flag and decided that joining my damaged part of my mind is a good idea.

Okay, that was somewhat...deep.

The second reason was it got me curious.

So now, here I am, looking at the koi fish swimming on the hazy water and waiting for him to come. I looked up when I heard something shuffling and I saw him. I felt the uncomfortable beat of my heart again when he smiled. "I didn't expect you to come here early."