Chapter 11

Arthit's POV

Tomorrow is officially Valentine's Day. So why are the people at school celebrating today? I've received four confessions, nine boxes of chocolates, three roses, and a few cards. In case you're wondering, of course I've turned down all the confessions.

I'm so irritated. I'm irritated that Kong is irritated. He sends daggers over to all the girls that come near me, and I do the same to all the girls that goes near him. Kong being the Moon of our faculty, and with his boosted popularity through social media, I have lost count of how many girls approached him. He was bombarded during lunch, and there was at least two girls waiting outside of every class. He has collected so much chocolate that he has even filled Toota and Bright's locker. Bright announced that he is keeping the ones in his locker.

As if that wasn't enough, two boys approached Kong too. One boy gave him a rose while shooting hearts at him in front of me when we were walking down the hallway. While the other one is Kai from his Japanese class. He wrote Kong a confession letter, and gave it to him on his way out of class. So, I can't even trust the few boys in his Japanese class now.

Kong and I share three out of four classes together, plus lunch, so all day we've been watching each other being confessed to. If you think I'm exaggerating, then you should come and help carry some of this chocolate, and gifts.

I'm actually not mad though. I was more or less prepared for this. We are both pretty handsome if I do say so myself, so I knew it was going to be like this. I just didn't expect it to be this much. I guess we are having chocolate for dinner tonight.

I didn't go over to Kong's house after school. I had to go prepare, and pack a few things for tomorrow. Since I plan to surprise Kong, I'm going to pack for him too. He has clothes at my house, so it's easy. We are only going to stay for one night, so I can pretty much fit everything in one backpack.

I'm surprised Kong didn't ask why I didn't want to go over. Maybe he has gotten used to me not going over to his place lately until much later. I wonder what is he doing anyway. Why did he look so relieved?
.
.
.
.
.
Later, I made my way to Kong's bedroom all packed. It's almost midnight. He didn't even call or text me. What the heck is he doing? His room light was still on a moment ago, but now it's off. How can he go to bed without saying anything to me all night? It's almost Valentine's Day. Is he mad at me? He didn't seem like it earlier. Maybe he doesn't care about Valentine's Day.

I reached his room, and I quietly opened the bedroom door to get in. As I turned around to close it, Kong covered my eyes with his hand, and switched the lights back on.

"It took you long enough."

"Kong, what are you doing?"

"Just keep your eyes closed."

"Fine."

He led me further into his room. He sat me down on the bed, and took my bag off my shoulder. He peppered me with kisses all over my face. Sometimes, it's hard to remember there was a time when we weren't this enamored with each other. I can't help but smile, and make kissy lips for him. He kisses my lips last.

"Can I open my eyes yet?"

"Yes."

I opened my eyes, and saw Kong holding a gift in front of me.

"Happy Valentine's Day."

"Thank you Kong. What is it?"

"Open it."

Kong puts the gift on my lap. I looked at him smiling, and I'm excited. I gave the box a shake, but there was no sound. So, I proceeded to unwrap the box. Inside the box was another box. It was a shoe box. A Nike shoes box. Oh my God. Did he? Did he really? I excitedly opened the shoe box to reveal the Nike Air Yeezy 2.

I got up jumping with one shoe in my hand. I almost knocked Kong over with my excitement.

"How? How did you get them? Oh my God. How?"

I hook my left arm around his neck, and kissed his face.

"Do you really like them?"

"Are you kidding me? I don't like them. I LOVE THEM! How did you get them? Weren't these sold out before even hitting the stores?"

"I sold my soul to the devil to get them."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Haha... I'm just kidding. My dad's friend is a big shot at Nike's, so I asked him to get them for me."

"Really? It was that easy? How come you didn't ask before?"

"Well, he is actually in the US. I asked him for a favor, so he sent them over. Wait. Let me show you something else."

I'm so excited. I wonder what else he has. Is he holding another box?

"Look. I have a pair too. Now we can match."

"Oh my God. That's awesome."

I went over to him to hug him, and we both jumped up and down in excitement. Can I love him even more? It turns out the answer is, YES!

 Can I love him even more? It turns out the answer is, YES!

"Your's are white, and mine are black. I thought you would like the idea of us having something that matches, and we can wear them together."

My smile is so big that my face is probably splitting. My heart is so full. He knows how much I've wanted to have something that matches. It may seem like something trivial for many couples, but when you are in a secret relationship, it's those simple things you can't have.

There are many things that I envy other couples can have and do that we can't. Simple things like matching phone cases, keychains, bracelets, rings, necklaces, clothes, etc. Simple hugs and kisses in public. Even as simple as holding hands.

I threw my shoe on the bed, and took his to do the same. Now, with nothing between us, I pulled him in for a tight hug. I don't know what has gotten into me, but suddenly I feel very emotional.

"Arthit, are you okay?"

I nodded into the crook of his neck. He tries to pull away, but I won't let him. I just held him tighter.

"I thought you liked them. Did I do something wrong? Are you crying?"

Kong held me with one hand holding my head, and the other soothing me by rubbing my back.

"No, I'm fine. I love the gift, but I love you more. You understand me so well."

"I love you too. Oh, I have to go to Seattle during break, and I'm taking you with me."

"Seattle? Where's that?"

"It's in the US. I promised my dad's friend to visit him there, and he is going to bring us to the Nike headquarters nearby for a tour."

"Okay. You win."

"Win what? What did I win?"

"Me!"

~~~~~~
AN: I hope you guys like this chapter. I wrote it between car rides, so I didn't spend much time to editing. 😅