Chapter 4

Arthit's POV

I really need to control my jealousy. I felt so bad for hitting him. The bruise was already forming when I checked on it in his room. I can't believe he was still trying to make me smile after I did that. I don't know what got into me. I was so much better at controlling my jealousy before we became official. I think it's probably because he wasn't really mine yet. No, what am I saying. He is, and will always be mine. Ugh.

Krystal has been trying to teach Kong how to say no to other's advances and flirts, but he is so oblivious to it when it's happening. Like I said before, he was asexual, and too polite. I still get annoyed with how close Krystal and Kong are, but I have learned to tolerate it. Krystal still asks Kong to braid her hair all the time. I've tried to do it for her in place of Kong, but my fat fingers make a mess, and I just end up tangling Krystal's hair. I had literally put her in tears. And Kong still carries her on his back when she is upset or sad. Last time when she had a fight with her boyfriend Ohm, Kong carried and consoled her for hours. Kong is much more patient than I am with her. Like Krystal says, just because we are dating doesn't mean she has to lose her second brother.

For this past Christmas, Krystal gave me a bracelet that matches the one she gave Kong when he left for the US. She engraved it too.

 She engraved it too

K and A Love Always

She says the 'K' can represent her and Kong, because they both love me. So, essentially Krystal bought us our first couples bracelet.

Valentine's Day is coming soon, and I want to do something for Kong, but I don't know what yet. I have asked Krystal to help me think of something, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. What should I do? What can I get? I feel like he has everything he wants and needs since he is very much a rich spoiled brat. Movie and dinner is not special enough. Flowers and chocolate is kind of standard. I'll be sure to get those too, but I need more. Any suggestions?

I wonder what is he doing right now. I wish it was the weekends so we can have our sleep overs. I hate sleeping by myself. Maybe I can text him to see if he is asleep yet. Yeah, I should do that. It's better than calling right?

Arthit: Are you asleep yet? 😃
12:02am

Arthit: Are you asleep already? 😔
12:03am

Arthit: I can't sleep 😑
12:05am

Arthit: How can you sleep when I can't sleep 😡?
12:08am

Arthit: Fine. Go to sleep then 😒
12:15am

Arthit: I'm counting sheeps now 🐑
12:17am

Arthit: No, I'm counting Kongpobs 😁
12:20am

"Oh, what are you doing here?"

Kongpob spoons me, and lays his arm across my waist with his hand inside my shirt against my stomach pulling me in. He kisses my shoulder, and then lays his head down on the pillow. I love his scent. It's so soothing.

"There's only one me. Now, go to sleep. No, funny business."

"I love you."

"I love you too. Goodnight"

"Goodnight."

Chup Chup

Kongpob's POV

I kind of knew that Arthit would still feel bad for what happened. I should have just made him stay over instead of letting him go home like usual. He woke me up with his stream of messages. I climbed out of bed by the fourth message, and grabbed my uniform and backpack to cross the yard to his house. As I reached his backyard door, I saw his last message come through about counting Kongpobs. I had to hold in my chuckles at how cute he can get. Everyone was already asleep, so I had to be extra quiet making my way to his bedroom. Once, I settled in next to him, he fell soundly asleep, lightly snoring.

~~~~~~

Lunch time

I was approaching our usual table at the canteen where some of the guys were already there. M stood up as he spotted me.

M: Kongpob, Tum asked to see you at his table over there.

Kongpob: Okay, I'll go see him then. Can you tell Arthit when he gets here?

M: Sure, but why are you so concerned about Arthit?

Kongpob: Oh, eh... he needs my notes. So, just in case he is looking for me.

M: No problem.

I made my way over to the seniors table. They usually occupy the last six tables in the canteen at this hour. I spot Tum at the second table over there. He is our senior, and the Head Hazer responsible for our year. He is strict, but reasonable. So, our class respects him a lot. I quicken my steps as he has spotted me coming.

"Hello Tum. I heard you were looking for me."

"Ah, yes Kongpob. I have a position for you. I am entering you as our faculty's representative for the Campus Moon contest this year."

"What's that?"

"Well, every year, each faulty at the university nominates a representative for the Campus Moon and Campus Star competition. These individuals are supposed to be beautiful, smart, and talented. So, we have nominated you and Sara to represent our faculty. The competition will take place during the week before the Songkran Festival. Winners will perform at the Festival showcasing their talent. So, starting next week, you and Sara will have to go to practice and prepare for the competition after classes from 5-6pm at the cheer hall."

"Uh, do I have to?"

"We think you are the best candidate since we know you got into Harvard, and all the senior girls in our class agrees you have the best chance. Why? Don't you want our faculty to win?"

"Uhm, of course I want our faculty to win. I will prepare myself then."

"I knew we can count on you. Now, go have your lunch."

I turned around to head back to my table, and instantly I catch Arthit's eyes on me. I hope he will be okay with this. He looks worried.

Arthit: Kongpob, sit down. I bought food for you already.

Bright: Yes, Arthit treated me too today.

I looked between the two. Bright smiled ear to ear, and Arthit looks annoyed.

Arthit: That's because you were shamelessly begging.

Bright: Well, I may not be your best friend, but I'm still a very good friend right? If you are treating Kongpob, then you should treat me too.

Toota: Shut up Bright. Just eat would ya?

Bright gives Toota a cheeky grin, and starts eating.

I turn back to Arthit, and he is looking at me expectantly.

M: Kongpob, so what did Tum want with you?

Arthit: Yeah, what did he want?

Kongpob: He told me that I have been nominated to represent our faculty to compete in the Campus Moon and Campus Star competition.

Sara: Me too. Fon told me this morning before class. So, we need to practice starting next week.

Arthit looks at me surprised with his big round eyes. He has on a little frown. He looks so cute right now.

Arthit: Kongpob, is this mandatory?

Toota: Kongpob is the perfect candidate, Arthit.

Bright: I agree with my best friend. Kongpob will win for sure with his smarts and looks.

M: Yeah dude. Make us proud.

I just smiled and nodded to everyone. Arthit didn't say much for the rest of the day.