|39|

Chapter 39

"Why the fuck is it raining is damn hard" i heard landon say as he opened his car door for me. I saw him quickly run over and climb in the drivers seat.

"Is it safe to drive?" I asked

"I hope so" he smirked

He started the car and began driving. I moved my soaked hair out of my face and put it into a somewhat messy ponytail. As we were driving down the main streets of town I got a phone call.

"Hello?" I asked

"Hey Ariana is me. Listen I'm stuck at work because of this storm. I think I'm gonna stay over at aunt Maria's tonight. Is that fine?" She asked

"Yeah mom, just be safe"

"Okay love you"

I hung up the phone with my mom and turned around to see landon already looking at me.

"So who was that?" He asked

"My mom, she's not gonna be able to make it home tonight. The storm" I said looking out the window. Landon parked the car in front of my house and we both ran to my door.

"Well since nobody's home, I guess we'll have to study here" I said

"That works" he said taking a seat on my couch.

"Actually my rooms warmer and we can light a candle just in case the power goes out again" I said leading him to my room. Landon took his spot on my bed. Like he did last time. He always chose the left side. I took the right. I opened the book and began to write down a couple questions.

"I know Tyler probably has you watching me" he said smiling.

"How do you know that?" I asked

"Well it's kinda obvious, why else would you be tutoring me. You know I hate school and anything that has to do with school" he said

"He's worries about you. And I am too. He thinks your planning something. Something dangerous probably. Just please tell me your not landon."

He grabs my hand and starts massaging it with his thumb.

"I can't lie to you so yeah. I am planning something. Your not gonna like it." He said

"What is it?" I asked

He moved closer to me, closing the book. I moved my head back a little and he moved his closer.

"My fathers dead. My brother, Elijah told me a couple days ago. I'm taking over."

"Landon... you ca—

I suddenly felt his lips crash against mine. He pulled me closer grabbing my waist with one hand and my neck with the other. I wrapped both my arms around his neck and kissed him back. He threw the textbook off the bed and pinned me down onto the bed. His grip around my waist tighten and he climbed on top of me.

I pulled back for a second.

"Landon we can't, if my mom found out..." I said

He clearly wasn't listening to a word I was saying because he was twirling my hair with his finger.

"I'm not suppose to be around you" I said

"well so much for that" he smirked grabbing me and kissing me again.