|49|

The light was blinding my eyes when I came to again

The light was blinding my eyes when I came to again. My body ached more than before and I had duck tape over my wrists, ankles, and mouth. I was on the ground in a room different than the one before. I was in the garage because the leftmost side looked like an opening. Elijah stood in a different suit, he had hand guns tucked into his sides.

I didn't dare look at him, I want him to know how much he disgusted me.

I think he expected me to do something because he watched over me like a hawk stalking their prey. There was a loud screech then some gunshots, Elijah remained unalarmed while I whipped my head to see where the shots had come from. Driving straight toward us was a black Camaro, Landon's Camaro. Tyler was at his side.

"well finally" whispered Elijah

The car stopped right in front of us, Landon got out first slamming the door behind him. He paced toward me to pick me up from the ground. Thats when Elijah pointed his gun towards Landon.

"leave her, this is between you and me now"

Landon ignored his brother, looking into his eyes as though he was bluffing. Tyler creeped out the car and put a gun to Elijah's head. Elijah was out numbered now but where were his guards?

This was a trap...this can't be so..easy

"I want a trade, the company for her" Elijah grinned at Landon "or kill me and her, either way, you lose"

Landon just looked, studied his brother face, his actions. There was a long minute of silence. Before Elijah shifted his gun toward me, aiming directly at my head. One move, one gentle squeeze of that trigger....

"deal" Landon said almost whispering

Elijah and his gun retreated. He stood back laughing.

"that was too easy, even for me"

Men came swarming in the very next second. Holding all sorts of weapons. They surrounded us, waiting for Elijah's order to strike. Tyler and Landon looked around, even they knew we were done for.

"this has been fun, little brother--

A single bullet left Tyler's gun and grazed Elijah's shoulder. A sudden step back then Elijah whipped his head to face his attacker.

"kill them all"

There was a storm of bullets flying across the room. I crawled behind the nearest car I could find. I bit the edges of my duck taped mouth trying to break free. Bullets hit the ground beside me. I heard men yelling and shots firing one after another. Blood started to pool to my right, I looked to see a man, shot and dying. His gun at his side. I frantically tugged at the duck tape, burning my skin in the process.

I broke my hands free then worked on my ankles, tugging and tugging. When I was finally free of all restraints, I pulled the gun to my side. I had never shot a gun, never knew the sensation or how to do any of this. I gripped the gun, holding on for my life. Every fire I heard, I held on a little tighter.

I peaked my head to see Tyler and Landon dodging behind a car, aiming and firing. I tried to make eye contact with Landon but it was no use, he was too concentrated.

A man came from the side of the car and kicked my side trying to get me to let go of the gun. I screamed but then kicked him in the shins. I heard both Tyler and Landon yell my name. The man dropped to his knees but reached his arms out to grab me, I ducked and was able to hit him with the gun. He let out an angry grunt , I reached with the gun again hitting him in the head until he was unconscious. Pretty badass for some high school girl

I saw Tyler heading my way

"are you alright?!" he yelled at me

I nodded yes, still in shock.

He made us both duck and get cover as he looked at the scene. There were still too many men for us alone to take.

Landon ran Halfway to us before Elijah tackled him to the ground

"LANDON!" I yelled trying to run for him but Tyler held me back.

There was a fight for the gun, Elijah hitting Landon repeatedly. Landon blocking and trying to hit back. They were on top of each other, both trying to reach for the gun below them. Elijah knocked Landon's head back only to be knocked down himself. Landon reached for the gun. He almost had it...

Elijah gripped his arm, pulling it back and grabbing the gun himself.....

Men now approached the car we were hiding behind. I ducked and tried to look out for Landon.

Suddenly Tyler was calling my name...

there were too many....

I heard a shot fire.....Landon...