|27|

Chapter 27 (edited)

Before going to lunch , I stopped by my locker

Before going to lunch , I stopped by my locker. The hallway was empty now. For the first time this year I opened my locker. I still had some of my olds books from last year. My same pink notebook sat in its spot. I remember there was this one time...

Flash back,

I opened my locker and pulled my
pink notebook for algebra two out. I walked through the crowded halls to class. Pushing through the herds of people, I felt someone tug my hair.
"Algebra two, how exciting" said Landon in a sarcastically way. "Well if I want to get into an Ivy League" I replied. He held the door open for me. We walked in, he sat next to me.
"okay, everyone turn to page 400 and begin the first three problems" I open the textbook.
"These look impossible" Landon said slamming the book shut. "Nothing's impossible" I smiled

Flashback ends

Looking at the pink notebook, I slammed my locker shut. I turned around to walk back to class. I sat down next to Sarah. the teacher started rambling about what we would be going over this year. "More importantly, we're applying to college this year" Sarah said
I just realized that in a month I would be applying to my dream schools. Dartmouth, Columbia. Both Ivy League and very far from home. Sarah was applying to both of those universities as well. "Just a few more months and we can finally put this stupid town behind us" I stayed quiet. For some reason I didn't want to leave. I felt like I had unfinished business with this town . Well with people in this town. When school was over, I gathered my things from my locker and walked to Sarah's locker. When I looked up from my phone I saw her and Tyler talking . I walked to them.

"Hey you ready" I asked Sarah without making eye contact with Tyler.
"I can drive you guys back" Tyler offered
I was in no mood to get into his car, or ever talk to him again. I mean he's best friends with Landon. If I was gonna move on , I had to stop being around things that reminded me of him. It's easier said then done with this whole town reminds me of him. I realized whenever I met someone I always searched for Landon in their eyes. it finally hit me that I made a bad mistake when I told him to stay away. it was all too late to be undone.

"No thanks, I have my car in the parking lot and my moms expecting us" Sarah said.

"Okay I'll see you guys around" Tyler said before he walked down the hallway.

Sarah and I didn't speak, we rushed to her car and zoomed home.
"That was weird" I blurted out

"Yeah, he just came up to me and asked me how my summer was" Sarah said "pretending like last year didn't happen" she added

"Well maybe it's for the better I mean pretending it didn't happen" I said

"I'm not so sure, last year it really built character you know. Changes us. We became mature or whatever. anyways as you know the first party of the school year is usually a big one and it's tonight" she squealed.

"Oh god not another party" I laughed

"Yes and your boyfriend said he was gonna surprise you by picking you up with flowers , so your definitely going"

"Who's house is it at" I asked

"Jon Newman's" Sarah relied

"His house is like the size of our school" I laughed

We laughed hysterically for minutes before she got to my house. "So I'll see you later" Sarah smiled.

I got out of her car and walked to my house. I was putting the eyes in when I noticed something. There was a car parked in landons driveway. I'd never seen the car before. I stared at it for just two more seconds before coming inside.

"How was school" my mom asked

"Uhh good surprisingly" I laughed

"Well I'm glad"

"Hey mom there's this little back to school party tonight at a friends house, can I go" I asked

"Yeah just eat dinner before you leave"

My mom broke her finger last week so she's gonna be out of work for a least two more weeks . She broke her finger trying to put up a painting in the living room. I rushed upstairs to my room. In Maine , Especially in fall and winter, the sun goes down super quick. At 6:30 I could already see the sunset in the distance. I got dressed for the party and curled my hair. Curling my hair I looked out my window the see the sunset. My eyes trained down when they saw something move in the house next doors window. I put my curling iron down and sneaked to my window. Peaking with just my half of my head I saw a figure move through the window again. The light in that room turned off and the figure was gone. Before I could go out to walk my dog , the car in his driveway was also gone.