|36|

Chapter 36 (edited)

I set my books down on the library table

I opened the textbook to the correct chapter and waited patiently for Landon. I'd figure that Landon would probably not reveal what he's doing so easily. I'd have to get him to trust me.
That couldn't be so hard, could it?

He walked in and looked around for a second before spotting me. I smiled at him and watched as he came over.

"So your having problems mostly with the tenth chapter right?" I said

"I'm not sure nor do I care" he replied flicking the pencil.

"Then why am I here" I asked

"Because you volunteered" he said slamming the textbook and closing it.

"I mean don't get me wrong I absolutely love your company but why are you really here" he said looking up at me with his gorgeous eyes.
"Unless your finally willing to give me another chance..."

"I .. uh ... I have to get you to pass this subject" I replied

I started explaining some of the material for chapter nine leading into ten. He kept starring at me and not the textbook.  About twenty minutes in Landon looked up.

"I'm bored" he said

"Well I still have to finish chapter nine, we haven't even reached the surface of chapter ten yet"

"You should be using your little mouth to do something else than repeat this crap"  he smirked

"Oh my god landon were in a library!"

"We should get the hell out of the library" he replied

He took the notes from the notebook paper and made a paper airplane.

"Okay so you clearly don't want help" I said gathering my books

"Wait, we'll  study just not here, it's depressing, my house, tomorrow" he said

"Okay fine"

"Well sorry for wasting your precious time at least let me give you a ride home" 

Before I could refuse he was walking out the door. I tried to catch up with him. We walked outside and I saw the football team just leaving practice.  Wait, wasn't Landon on the football team.

"Uh why aren't you at football practice" I asked as he opened the door to his black Camaro for me.  He went around and got into the drivers seat.

"I got into a little altercation with your ex boyfriend" he said

"Mark?" I asked

"The one and only" he scoffed

"What happened" I asked

"We fought"  he said expressionless. He said it as if it were nothing.

"What ! Are you crazy! Why? Why would you ever do that" I yelled

He turned to me and turned back.

"I didn't even start it. He came up to me. He fucking asked for it" he rolled his eyes.

By now we were finally at my house. Well Landon lives next door so our houses.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow" I said

"Bye"

I got home and took a quick shower.  After my shower I put on sweats and a t shirt and laid on my bed. I got a phone call from Summer.

"Uhh hello?" I asked

"Hey Um Ariana?" Summer asked

"I'm in a little bit of trouble here and I'll know your very close to landon and his friends. I was hoping you could maybe get me out of this situation" she asked

Oh no. What the hell did summer get into

"Okay I can ask landon" I said holding the phone to my ear and changing at the same time.

"NO! You can't ask landon. He'll kill me. He can't know your involved" she said

I was just starting to get his trust back. What if this ruins it all but summers my friend. She's in trouble and I have to help so it leaves me no choice.

"Okay just tell me where you are" I said

She sent me a location just outside of town.
I asked my mom to borrow the car and I left. The location was fifteen minutes from my house. I was getting closer and the location was getting more secluded. I started getting into the deep forest of my town. I finally got there. It was a small old bar. I haven't ever noticed the bar was even here. I basically lived in this forest when I was kid because all the kids from town use to play here. I stopped my car and got out. There were a few parked cars. They seemed expensive and some parked motorcycles. I opened the bar door and saw a bunch of men drinking and playing pool.

At the corner of my eye I saw summer. She looked like she had been crying. The men looked at me and I kept walking towards Summer