|43|

chapter 43

                                   "And if you have nightmares, we'll dance on the bed" 

  "we have a lot to discuss" Elijah says closing my front door behind me.  He walked around as though he owned my house. Never letting his chin fall and always glancing around.

"Discuss, are you crazy, it is completely not okay that you are here right now!" I yelled

" I have enough problems as it is, and you...you don't even have the decency to check up or care for your own brother!"

He seemed unfazed by my sudden outburst. It was then he turned onto his heel and started pacing up and down.

"Well then, now that you gotten your thoughts out, I came to tell you, well ask you something. If you could have the choice of taking all of this away from Landon would you?"  He gives me the cold eye and asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask

He welcomed himself to walk deeper into my house. Although, I've had one too many encounters with him, I would never shake the feeling he gave me. His cold stare and lanky stance made me question my every move. I see he shares that trait with Landon...

"As you already know.."  he continued " my fathers dead"

He took a step toward me.

"His position is up for grabs, now I've gone through some trouble to make sure that position is given to the right candidate"

" let me guess, that would be you?" I asked with slight sarcasm

"well..yes" he smirked and moved closer.

Of course he wanted his fathers place. It was all planned out. But what was my role in all of this? Elijah had skipped right past me and moved onto my couch. He crossed his legs and patted the cushion next to him, motioning me to sit. I moved carefully, treading on thin ice.

"now your role, is quite vital in all of this..Ariana"

I raised an eyebrow which only made him smile ear to ear.

"To ensure my position and all of our safety, Landon included, you have to keep him busy"

" and how do you suggest I hide him from everything your doing behind our backs"

At that Elijah tensed but kept that devilish smirk plastered on his face. He looked straight past me though. 

"Im not sure, talk about movies, homework, whatever high school kids do these days.."

He got up, collecting himself and moving toward the door. I got up as well to walk him out and make sure the door was locked so he couldn't come back. At the threshold, he turned back to say his goodbyes.  

"Ill keep you posted" 

Then he disappeared into the night..

The next morning, I woke up with a headache and horrible bed head. I brushed through my long hair. I'm in desperate need of some kind of haircut. I dressed myself for school, and made myself breakfast. It was almost too quiet today morning. I heard the doorbell and rushed to the door. Who was I running for, who could possibly surprise me now?

Turning around and giving me a forced smile, Landon pranced into my house. I see he's having a good morning.

"You look...rough, can't sleep?" he asked while smiling and plopping down onto my couch. He rested his feet and looked back up at me.

"long night" I replied.... with your brother...discussing your family's occupation..?

"well please do tell what has you so tired" he seemed intrigued

"homework" I managed to cough up

Looking satisfied, I grabbed my book bag and threw it onto my shoulder. School was exactly where I wanted to be right now. Where everything just felt normal. I knew Elijah would be watching. I just didn't know where and when...

Authors note : OMG IM BACK! I'm so incredibly sorry I've been gone for so long :(. Due to the virus and my busy ass life, I just have not had the time to write. I spent the last couple of months applying to college, studying for the ACT, and taking AP physics (keep in mind I SUCK at math)

Anyways, all the mass hysteria over and done with and I'm going to start updating more frequently...I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well! <3