Chapter 373. Lakas's Last Stand.

Lakas: For you, Cloud and Rain. I give you both Agility.
Cloud: Thank you, Lakas.
Rain: Thank you.
Lakas: Cloud, you are an excellent fighter and Rain your comforting presence will heal those who are suffering. Together you girls are powerful. Be brave and keep fighting no matter what.

Lakas hugged them both before sending them off. Rain cried on Cloud's shoulder once they made it outside.

Sand ran into the room.

Lakas: For you and Wind, Sand. I give you both Energy. To keep fighting even if Wind is not going with you.
Sand: Thank you.
Lakas: I'm sorry about your family, Sand. I know that your parents are proud of their little girl. You came a long way, Sand. Keep fighting. You are a great fighter. Remember that.
Sand: Oh, Lakas...

Sand hugged Lakas goodbye before running out of the door so her teacher wouldn't see her cry.

Water peeked in before slumping inside.

Lakas: Water. I give you the power of Silence. That you may be able to fight in silence.
Water: Sounds scary.
Lakas: It is. They will never hear you coming.
Water: Thanks, Lakas. I'll put this to good use.

Water and Lakas hugged before Water went off.

Loyal padded in. Lakas laughed seeing Loyal without any shoes on like when he was a child.

Lakas: Loyal. I have nothing to give you for you have it all.
Loyal: You have given me enough, Lakas.
Lakas: ...
Loyal: You and Story helped me when I couldn't control myself. That I needed.

Loyal hugged Lakas tightly and whispered:

"Thank you for everything, Lakas. When you get there, tell them I'm sorry."

Lakas patted Loyal and sent him off. Doragon wrapped her wing around Loyal.

Galactic and Cosmic walked in.

Lakas: For you, Cosmic and Galactic. I give you Bitter Victory.
Cosmic: Bitter Victory?
Lakas: Yes. That whatever sorrows you will both encounter, something will always- always come out of it.
Galactic: ...
Lakas: I'm sorry about your parents. They will help you along the way in the battle. Good luck.

Galactic threw her arms around Lakas and wept bitterly on his shoulder. Cosmic hugged Lakas goodbye before prying Galactic off.

Sun walked into the room with Moon.

Lakas: Ah. The Lovebirds.
Moon: -Sniffs-
Lakas: I give you both happiness. That the day when you both are wedded, Moon will be able to bare your children, Sun.
Sun: Moon is infertile?
Lakas: Not anymore.

Moon and Sun hugged Lakas goodbye.

Sky wandered in.

Lakas: For you, Sky. I give you strength. That you are able to fight even when you are hurt.
Sky: Why me?
Lakas: Rock has plenty of it.
Sky: But, I'm not your son.
Lakas: We are all united, Sky. You are mine as well.

Lakas hugged Sky telling him that he will heal from his dark past.

Lakas: Just hang on. One day you will know what joy is.

Sky wiped his eyes before leaving.

Lakas: Cherry Blossom. I give you patience. Be brave and use it wisely.
Cherry Blossom: Thank you.

Marei and Fùyuán in Valheita who as being led in with his younger brother Kauneus. Fiore and Happiness walked in with them.

Lakas: You two, girls. I give you both Wisdom. So you both are able to find the solution to the unanswered.
Fùyuán: ...

Marei: Thanks, Lakas.
Lakas: I give you both the Power of Memory. That you both remember whatever is forgotten, Kauneus and Valheita.
Valheita: Thanks.
Kauneus: Thanks, Lakas.
Lakas: Fiore and Happiness. I give you girls Luck. Use it wisely.

After a tearful goodbye, Marei led her friends out.

Fire walked in slowly.

Lakas: I give you Time Shifting, Fire.
Fire: Eh? How do I use it?
Lakas: You'll learn. It will come in handy for you.
Fire: Lakas...
Lakas: Don't be afraid, Fire. You are stronger than you think you are. Don't forget who you are and why you were born into this world.

Lakas pulled Fire close and held him like this for a few minutes. Fire sighed and rested his head on Lakas's shoulder, drinking in his memories with him.

Lakas: Earth. I give you the power of Forgiveness.
Earth: This? Is it meant for me?
Lakas: Yes. You will learn how to use it, Earth. Thanks for being there for us.
Earth: Thank you, Lakas. You are the bravest God I know!

Tearfully, Earth hugged Lakas goodbye before sending Rock in with Ore.

Lakas: My children. My pride and joys.
Ore: Daddy.
Rock: Papa, how are you?
Lakas: Weak, but much stronger now that I see you both.

Rock smiled at his father and held his hand. Ore did the same.

Lakas smiled at his children and pulled Ore onto his knee.

And Rock.

Ore: !
Rock: Papa, I'm too old for this!
Lakas: You'll always be my babies, Rock and Ore.

Ore rested her head on Lakas's shoulder like she to.

Rock did the same and played with his fathers' fingers.

Lakas: You must be brave, you two. Show those monsters who you are. You are the son and daughter of the God of Strength.
Ore: We will.
Lakas: You are my children. I know you will not fail me whatever happens.

Lakas gave Ore his staff.

Lakas: My daughter. I give you my staff. That you can take and give the powers to anyone.
Ore: Thank you...
Lakas: My son. I give you unending combat. Whenever you are in battle, you will never tier until it's over.
Rock: ... Papa.
Lakas: Yes, Rock?

Like a child again, Rock hugged Lakas's neck.

Rock: I love you. Thank you for being there.
Ore: I love you so much, daddy.

Lakas wrapped one arm around Rock and the other around Ore.

His staff was glowing dimly.

Lakas: I love you both, too. Where I am going, I will never forget my babies.

Rock and Ore cried silently on Laka's shoulder. Lakas hugged them even tighter.

...

...

...

...

Lakas closed his eyes, remembering the night when he was holding them both after Ore and Rock couldn't sleep one sad night after their pet guinea pig died. His children were both upset and wouldn't stop crying unless Lakas held them.

Lakas: I am with you forever, my children. I'm a blessed God to have you both as my children.
Rock: Thank you, Papa.
Ore: Thank you for everything.
Lakas: Keep fighting the good fight. Never give up.

Lakas smiled and rocked his two remaining children until they fell asleep.

...

...

...

...

Ore woke up. Rock woke up as well.

Lakas was gone.

All was left was his staff.

Ore: ...
Rock: ...

The staff shone softly.

Ore: Ready?
Rock: Yeah.

Ore picked up her staff and walked outside where the others were waiting.

Water: Is Lakas gone?
Ore: No. He is dwelling in us all.
Rock: It's time to fight.

A cheer went up in the crowd.

They were cheering for Lakas who is still fighting for them.