Chapter 342. Truth and Lies.

Death laid there in fetal position shivering on the frozen hard surface. He didn't know where Ekekho Neyodwa ran off too. Gritting his teeth, Death groaned softly and held his hands to his chest. Why was he sick lately? It wasn't a flu-sick, it felt much worse. His knives barely worked now, so Death killed trespassers with his bare hands or with boulders.

Now, he couldn't. Each day, Ekekho Neyodwa gave Death some medicine through the cut on his hand.

Why wasn't it working?

The Demon's Poison settled in Death's mind and heart making him forget everyone who knew him and loved him.

Death forgot the Goddess who cries for him when she holds the ball from him.

The God and Goddess who adopted him.

The God who watched the sunrise with him.

The God who brought him back to life after Himitsu's death.

Death forgot them all.

Amagna Okubi smiled when Death lost his memory of them. But there was one God whose name he curses each day.

Loyal... Loyal...Loyal...Loyal...

Death was losing his powers rapidly, and Amagna was going to shove Death off the cliff tonight.

Death fell asleep despite the freezing temperatures. He longed for the warmth of love.

...

...

...

...

Death's frozen fingers rubbed a soft wool blanket.

Where did the blanket come from? Did Ekekho Neyodwa bring it to him? Opening one eye, Death found a fire, and he was resting next to it.

...

...

...

Sitting up, Death looked around until his eyes found a figure sitting there.

A man?

A man was sitting there watching Death sleep. Death cocked his head. By the looks of this man, he looked like he was trying hard not to cry.

"Hello?"

"Hi..."

"Are you lost?"

"I was."

"Are you okay?"

"... I hope so."

"Who are you?"

"Don't you remember me, Death?"

Death pulled the blanket closer to him. The man sighed and wiped his eyes.

"How do you know my name?"

"... I have known you since the day we were in the womb."

"What??"

"Oh, Death what has he done to you?"

"What has who done? What are you talking about? Are you mad?"

"Death... It's me. Loyal."

Death and Loyal sat there looking at each for such a long time that they never saw the spirits flying away to tell Amagna Okubi.

...

...

...

...

"Loyal...?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"..."

Death stared at Loyal who gave him a weak smile.

"Loyal-"

Death didn't get to finish his sentence when Loyal got up and walked through the fire to get to him.

Through the fire.

Loyal knelt down staring at Death with sad eyes. Death gasped when Loyal placed his hand on his cheek.

"Oh, what has he done to my brother?"

"Loyal?"

"I'm here now, Death. You won't have to suffer like this again."

Loyal took both of Death's hands into his and rubbed the feeling back into them. With heavy eyes, Death looked down at Loyal's hands.

Thin.

Slightly scarred.

But yet.

Warm with the love he had for him and everyone.

Love?

Death pulled his hands away from Loyal's. Loyal looked up at Death who wouldn't meet his eyes.

"Death...?"

"Leave."

"What?"

"Just go, Loyal."

"I'm not leaving this cursed mountain until you come home with me."

"You?"

Gritting his teeth, Death slapped Loyal hard in the face. Loyal fell over on his side, gasping from the pain.

"Why should I go home with you, Loyal?"