Chapter 267. Himitsu and Loyal. Part Two.

Himitsu: I don't understand... what you are saying, Loyal.
Loyal: It's a little hard to accept what is going to happen-

Loyal cleared his throat after looking at his father who had a straight face.

Loyal: Since I am a God and my wife will have children. The only way for her to have a Deity of life is for me to give away my power to my child...
Himitsu: Leading to...
Loyal: Leading to my death. As soon as my wife gives birth, my power will belong to my son or daughter, Father.
Himitsu: How do you know all of this?
Loyal: That information stays with me, or until you read this letter after my passing.

Himitsu stared at the letter his son flicked at him. Loyal got up from his chair and sat next to his father.

Loyal: Yeah... So after I turn at least 19 years old or-
Himitsu: Why do you plan to get married so young?
Loyal: What's wrong?
Himitsu: Seems a bit too early to settle down and die.
Loyal: So? You married Seikatsu at that age and you became a father at 24.
Himitsu: We were both young and stupid. We should have waited a bit longer.
Loyal: I'm sure my Goddess will show up soon.
Himitsu: Go on.
Loyal: After all of this is settled...

Loyal fell silent and bowed his head looking at the table top. Himitsu said nothing.

Loyal: I will no longer be your burden, Father... I will be gone forever. You'll be free from me.
Himitsu: ...
Loyal: You'll have Death... My wife and child will be there to be with you...

Loyal looked up at Himitsu who was leaning forward on the table listening intently to his sons' words.

Himitsu: Is that all you have to say?
Loyal: No. When my wife has my son or daughter... Please.

Loyal placed his hand on his father's hand.

Loyal: Do not ever speak of me after my passing. Please, father... Do not mention me to my son or daughter. Just be there for my wife and her child, please.
Himitsu: Why don't you want me to mention you?
Loyal: I'm not worthy enough to be remembered... Like you said...

Slowly, Himitsu removed his hand from Loyal who flinched.

Loyal: I'm a murderer.

The birds stopped cawing outside. Himitsu and Loyal listened to the clock ticking softly on the kitchen.

The sun was going down and Death would be coming home soon.

Himitsu: I guess... I could do one thing for you, Loyal.
Loyal: Thank you so much. This means a lot, really.
Himitsu: Yes, of course.

Himitsu was about to get up and leave, but Loyal grabbed his sleeve.

Himitsu: What is it?
Loyal: I know there is bad blood between us, father. You know I still love and forgive you for everything.
Himitsu: ...
Loyal: I just want you to know that I'm sorry.

Loyal gripped Himitsu's sleeve and gazed into his father's black eyes.

Loyal: I'm sorry you had to live your life without Seikatsu. I'm sorry that I took away Death's mother. I'm sorry for this life you had to live.
Himitsu:...
Loyal: I'm sorry that I was born, Himitsu...

Loyal released his father who was beginning to pull away. Himitsu said nothing but stare at Loyal.

Himitsu could almost see himself in Loyal's glowing white eyes. Loyal blinked back his tears.

Loyal: Can I request one more favor...?

Himitsu said nothing.

Loyal: Before I die... I don't want to go without-... I can't-
Himitsu: What do you want from me?
Loyal: Your forgiveness...

Loyal's wide eyes begged for forgiveness, Himitsu turned his head away and stared at the wall that had a picture of Seikatsu.

Loyal's heart begins to beat rapidly.

Himitsu: I only agreed to do One favor for you, Loyal.
Loyal: Papa... Do you for-
Himitsu: No.

Himitsu refused to look at his son. Loyal's heart broke.

Loyal: That's... That's what I thought...

Himitsu kept staring at the picture of his wife not paying attention to Loyal who got up from his chair and headed to the front door.

Loyal: I won't tell anyone about this, papa...

Himitsu heard the front door close quietly and lock. The sun was gone and Death was coming up the back door. Himitsu said nothing when Death asked what's wrong.