Chapter 364. Cursed Help.

Weather was standing at the base of a tree yelling at Death's cat to come down. The poor tuxedo cat meowed sadly and waited for Death to come and get him.

Weather: You idiot thing! Come down this instant!!
Earth: Oh, Weather, don't yell at him! He's scared enough already!
Weather: Ssh, Earth. Weather is busy.

With the help of Moon's father, Weather placed a ladder on the tree and climbed up it. The cat went up further in the tree making Weather curse. Fire stood by the window watching them. Rock, Sand, Marei, and Cherry Blossom sat at the table playing cards.

Fùyuán was on the floor playing tug-of-war with Baby Waffles.

Sand: I bid... two hearts.

Cherry Blossom didn't like the way that sounded. Marei squinted at Cherry Blossom who had her head down, and her shoulders were shaking.

Marei: I sense a deep sadness in the Goddess of Love.
Cherry Blossom: I'm not sad.
Marei: Don't you lie to me.

Cherry Blossom shrugged and told Marei it was nothing.

Marei: Love problems, honey-pie? Was it Death?

Sand shrieked, and the cards went flying. Rock gave Sand a disgusted look as she started to cry into her hands. Fire didn't bother to look at Sand who wept bitterly while Rock complained that they had to start the game all over again.

Rock: Damn, Sand. Get a grip on yourself.
Sand: I can't!
Marei: Sand, shut up. Did Death play you?
Cherry Blossom: What??
Marei: You know, trick you?
Cherry Blossom: Marei-
Marei: Looks like he did. Gods. They play with any Goddesses' heart if she loves him and he doesn't.
Rock: Same for Goddesses, Marei.
Marei: Them, too.

Mare didn't bother to look at Rock as he gave Sand a nasty look. Sand was looking at Fire as he looked around the room to avoid eye-contact with Sand.

Rock: Goddesses... too.

Fùyuán went over to Fire.

Fùyuán: Baby Waffles peed on the floor.
Fire: Take her outside!
Fùyuán: I did, I just need papers.
Fire: They are over there.

While Fùyuán cleaned up the mess, Sand glared at Cherry Blossom.

Cherry Blossom: What?
Sand: Want me to beat him up?
Cherry Blossom: ... No.
Rock: Didn't answer on time.
Cherry Blossom: I'm sure Death wasn't being mean. He did leave a candy outside for me.
Sand: Cute. But not cute enough.

Rock rolled his eyes.

Cherry Blossom is a beautiful and shallow Goddess.

That wasn't Death.

Cherry Blossom: I left him a thank you note.
Sand: Hmmph!

A loud yowl sounded outside startling everyone. Weather fell out of the tree holding a cat. Earth ran to him.

Fire: Huh. They got that damn cat down.
Fùyuán: :3

Fire: What's this? Is the Goddess of Love falling for my little brother?
Marei: Looks like it.

Cherry Blossom looked away. Fire planted both of hands on the table and leaned forward until he was practically nose to nose with Cherry Blossom. The smell of toasted apples made Cherry Blossom light-headed.

Fire: You like my brother?
Cherry Blossom: I'm not telling you, Fire.
Fire: Just remember this that I'm his older brother and so is Sun.
Cherry Blossom: So?
Fire: We'll see if we can allow you to go with him.

Cherry Blossom pulled her head back. Sand held her breath.

Cherry Blossom: You can't stop two lovers from being together!
Fire: I like challenges, baby.
Cherry Blossom: Even if Death did like me, I won't let you stand in my way!

Cherry Blossom couldn't see for tears of anger gather in her pink eyes.

Who did Fire think he was?! He is in command, but who told him he could stop love?!

-Tug-

Cherry Blossom looked back at Fire.

Fire was smiling at her.