Chapter 246. Spying Sun.

A Week Later.

Sand sat in the empty stones chairs watching her father fight with Fire and Water.

Sand was mostly watching Fire.

Water cried out in pain when Vino's club bopped him on the head. The club was not hard, but Water still complained just to get out of practice. Vino made Water sit down as he still fought with Fire. Sand smiled watching them both.

Fire: Ow!
Vino: Oops, sorry. Keep an eye where the club will land, Fire.
Fire: Can't we take a break, Vino, please?
Vino: Fire, this is like the fifth break you had.
Fire: Please?

Fire's were gold eyes pleaded to Vino who sighed and told Fire to go sit down. Dragging his feet, Fire sat next to Water who had an ice pack on his head.

Fire: I'm so tired.
Water: Who wouldn't be?
Fire: I want to go home already.
Water: You have to train, Fire.
Fire: I know, Water.
Water: The next battle is going to be pretty rough. You've dealt with the younger Deities in your class, the Goddesses, the other Gods, and now the one you are going up against is...

Fire's mouth made a tight line as Water paused to add more effect to the bad news.

Water: Lakas.
Fire: Man, I don't want to go against him! Lakas is too strong.
Water: Rock went against him and passed.
Fire: That's because Lakas is his father! Of course Rock is going to beat him, he is just as strong as his father!!
Water: Alright, alright, Fire, take it easy.
Fire: How can I beat Lakas, Water?!
Vino: By getting off your butt and practicing?
Fire: Vi-nooo!!
Vino: Just saying, Fire.
Water: We're not ready, Vino.
Vino: Pfft, I trained for weeks, and I still got my ass kicked by Lakas years ago, stop feeling sorry for yourselves.

Water and Fire looked up sadly at Vino and back at the dirt floor. Was it really that hard to defeat Lakas? A week ago, Wind passed out before he left his spot and Cloud bolted out of the arena as soon as Lakas came up.

Vino felt the pang of guilt when he saw how sad Water and Fire looked. Trying to be brash was not his thing. Without a word, Vino sat in the middle of Fire and Water, put his arms around them and pulled them close.

Vino: It's hard, I know, but you will pass.
Fire and Water: I don't want to battle with Lakas, Vino.
Vino: I didn't want to either, guys.
Water: Why did you?
Vino: Well, I had to. I had to test my strength in case we go into war.
Fire: There hasn't been a war for years.
Vino: You never know, Fire.
Water: I don't want to do this. I think as Lakas as a friend, not the enemy.
Vino: Lakas is my friend, too, Water. He didn't want to fight with me either.
Fire: Why is Lakas the final stage before we pass?
Vino: Because he is stronger than us.
Water: I thought Loyal was.
Vino: He is.
Fire: Will Loyal go against Lakas?
Vino: Oh, boy. That battle is going to be crazy, you two.
Water: I want to see that one happen.

Fire sucked in his breath. Loyal going against Lakas? If Loyal can't even deal with his father, how on earth is he going to defeat Lakas?

Vino: I guess it will be exciting.
Water: I can't wait.
Vino: Alright, guys. Get up.

Fire stood up and plodded over to the circle where Vino was waiting. Fire gripped the handle on his bullwhip and looked up. Vino had the club high in the air.

Vino: Are you ready?
Fire: Ready, Vino.

Fire darted out of the way as soon as the club came down. Water ran around barely fighting.

An Hour Later.

Fire dragged his feet, holding his knapsack. He didn't exactly defeat Vino, but he guessed he did okay. Vino called out that he will see them tomorrow afternoon. Water waved goodbye to Vino and Sand and took another direction home.

Without a moment to lose, Sand ran up to Fire who grumbled hello.

Sand: You did real nice today, Fire!
Fire: Yeah? I suck.
Sand: No you don't! I thought you did really good, Fire.
Fire: Why were you there? I thought you were going to help your mother with the garden today.
Sand: She said I could stay here with daddy.
Fire: Oh.
Sand: I can't wait to see you challenge Lakas!
Fire: You can't wait to see me fail?
Sand: No!

Sand looked so upset that Fire started to laugh.

Fire: I'm just playing, Sand.
Sand: Oh...
Fire: I'll see you later, night.
Sand: Night!

Vino watched Fire waved goodbye to his daughter. Fire was thirteen and Sand was twelve, Vino knew that Sand was taking a liking to Fire. At that age, you have to watch out for your children.

Where Fire Was.

Fire walked up the hill to see Moon who was getting ready to watch her moon come up.

Sun was already there hiding behind a bush.

Fire: What are you doing?
Sun: Ssh! Just looking.

Fire stared at what Sun was looking at; Moon was walking by the beach unaware of the Sun God watching her.

Fire: Ummm.
Sun: Isn't she the most gorgeous thing you have ever seen?
Fire: Yeah... Sun?
Sun: I must talk to her.
Fire: Go on.
Sun: Wait a minute, who's that??

Sun glared at the two Gods walking up to Moon. Moon ran over to the two Gods hugging them and laughing.

Sun: I knew it! Death is trying to take my girl.
Fire: What the f-
Sun: So is that younger God, Cosmic. I knew those two were Goddess thieves.
Fire: Is this what you were talking about when your body starts changing?
Sun: Shut up! I'm trying to look.

Sun peered through his telescope to watch Moon who was playing with Cosmic and Death.

Sun: My own friend stealing my Goddess. And Cosmic is too young for her. Fire! Tell Cosmic to go change his diaper and leave my Goddess alone!
Fire: Sun, they are just friends. Moon is also my friend.
Sun: Oh, you too? Damn. The more I think of all this betrayal, the more it hurts.
Fire: You know what also hurts?
Sun: What?
Fire: This.

Fire kicked Sun's backside so hard that Sun cried out. Moon didn't hear them, but Death thought he heard Sun's voice.

Fire: Stop it, Sun.
Sun: Owww...
Fire: They are just friends with Moon.
Sun: Sure. "Friends"
Fire: I'm telling mama you are being a-
Sun: No! Don't, Fire!
Fire: Why are you doing this, Sun? Spying on a Moon Goddess?
Sun: She's so gorgeous...
Fire: Let's go home, Sun...

Fire yanked Sun up and dragged him home. Sun never took his eyes off Moon until she was out of sight.

Sun: I'm going to marry that Goddess.
Fire: You don't even know her!!

Fire ranted at his brother who ignored him. Sun smiled and thought of Moon.

He didn't care what anyone said. Moon was his.