Chapter 204. Words and Smiles.

A few months later.

The young Gods were growing up so fast. Death was beginning to sit up on his own and Loyal was becoming more and more curious about his power.

One wet afternoon, Himitsu was resting with Death on the bed while Loyal played on the floor. Himitsu watched as Loyal crawled over to the dying potted plant and plunged his fat baby hands into the soil.

Himitsu: Ah! No, Loyal! Don't do that.

Laughing with glee, Loyal held up a handful of dirt to Himitsu. Cursing silently, Himitsu got up to clean Loyal's hands.

Loyal cupped his hands and stared intently at the dirt. Himitsu keeled next to his son.

Himitsu: What are you doing? Give me your hands.

Loyal: -Huff-

Himitsu pulled his hands back when Loyal turned away from him. Twice, Himitsu tried to grab Loyal's hands, but Loyal always turned away rudely.

"He's just a baby. He's just a baby."

Himitsu had the burning desire to slap Loyal for his disobedience.

Himitsu: Loyal. Give me your hands.

Slowly, Loyal held up his cupped hands full of dirt. Sighing with relief, Himitsu took his son's hands.

A tiny purple flower came up.

Himitsu: Loyal...?

Loyal: -Smiles-

Loyal begin to laugh as he touched the brown leaves in the pot. Himitsu's once dying plant came back to life. Himitsu's mouth flew open while Loyal and Death laughed with joy.

Eagerly, Loyal looked up at his father for his approval.

Himitsu: Uh...

Death: ...

Himitsu: Come on, Loyal.

Himitsu did nothing but wash Loyal's hands, and placed him on the bed next to Death. As soon as Himitsu left the room, Loyal hung his head in disappointment. Seeing his upset brother, Death put his arm around Loyal's shoulder.

A month later.

Himitsu: Come on, Death. You can say it.

Death sat on Himitsu's lap facing him. Himitsu was trying to get Death to say his first word.

Loyal sat in the play pin glaring at his father.

Himitsu: Say it, Death. Say 'Papa'