Chapter 366. Who?

Fire sat next to Loyal as he tallied the deaths that just took place in the town. His hands shook as he wrote:

1,000

Fire: ...
Loyal: What happened, Fire...?
Fire: I don't know...

Fire pulled out another paper for Loyal so he could keep counting. Looking at the sunroof, Fire thought about what just happened. The minute Loyal didn't return to them, Fire and the other Guardians ran to get to Loyal fearing he was dead.

The Temple doors were wide open.

Loyal was kneeling right in the middle of the havoc with everything around him froze in time. Loyal held a broken clock in his hands.

He didn't have a choice.

Later on, Fire took Loyal home, took him to his room, and waited for him to change into cleaner clothes and wash up.

An hour later, Fire dried Loyal's hair as he sat on the floor.

Fire: Don't fret. We'll find out what happened.

Loyal said nothing.

Sand's feet had to sew due to the severe cuts from the broken, dirty glass. Marei had to clean up the bloodied Temple with twenty other Deities and Guardians. Rock and his father had to return to the human world to help Doragon clean up the ravaged town and removed the bodies. The ones who were wounded did not pull through. Fùyuán was with Baby Waffles and Earth's family as they tried to save the remaining wounded.

The creatures were collected and burned to stop them from multiplying.

Midnight escaped to Cordelia.

"Are you crazy?! Why did you do that!!?"

"You said it was all right!!"

"Yes, but the people?! Did you bring the others home!!?"

"No! They rebelled and ran off- some were taken away!!"

"MIDNIGHT!!"

Now, Cordelia knew she messed up. Some of her Creations got away and refused to obey her!

Death sat alone in the basement unable to hear Cordelia's plans.

Where Loyal was.

Three weeks later.

21 Nights Later.

Loyal stood next to Fire and Sun as they discussed what one of the words of the creature it screamed at Loyal.

"You will die! All of you will die in the hands of the God-"

God?

Fire: God? Is he talking about Yuddh the God of War?
Sun: No, he's dead.
Fire: He might be coming back to kill us all?
Loyal: ... The Temple doors were open.
Sun: So?
Loyal: Some God has the key.
Fire: Who?
Loyal: Where is Death?

Fire and Sun stared at Loyal in shock.

Sun: You're mad, Loyal!
Fire: Quiet, Sun!
Sun: Death wouldn't do this!!
Fire: We don't know that, Sun! Death still has Amagna's powers in his soul!
Sun: But-
Fire: He could have turned against us!
Sun: No! Death wouldn't!
Fire: We don't know this, Loyal wants to know!

Fire turned to face Loyal who looked out the window.

Loyal: Where is he?
Fire: He's gone. Water was looking for him, but he found nothing.
Loyal: Are the others looking?
Fire: Sky and Moon are still searching. Death is gone.
Loyal: ...
Sun: You can't-
Loyal: I need to ask Death.

Loyal gripped his plume.

Were these Death's creations?

Did he do this to hurt him?

Did he steal the key?

...

...

...

...

Loyal: Bring Vino.

Fire shot up from his chair and went for Vino.

Vino came up holding a box.

Loyal: Where is that creature you are keeping hostage?
Vino: In the prison. It's trapped under Lakas's power.

Loyal went with Vino and Fire. Sun went after them.

Down in the prison, Loyal could hear the creature screeching as the Guardians tortured it.

Cloud and Owl Flight stood there glaring at the creature. Behind Owl Flight, stood a plump woman.

Sun grinned at the women who smiled back.

"Hi."

"Hi, Sun~"

"You look great!"

"I feel great!"

Witches were miracle workers for demons.

Loyal: Cloud.
Cloud: Loyal.
Fire: Has it talked yet?
Cloud: No.
Fire: Burn it.

Cloud pulled out a torch and stuck it in the creature's eyes yelling at it to talk.

Fire held Loyal's hand.

Loyal: Enough.

Cloud gave Loyal a curious look before giving the torch back to Fire. Loyal stepped up closer to the creature who tried to stab him again.

"Tell me, monster. Who are you?"

"I have no name!"

"Who created you?"

"None of your business!"

"It is. Your creator has my key. How were able to enter the Blessed Temple?"

"Ha! We don't need a key to open doors. We have our fingers!"

"Interesting. Who created you?"

The creature hissed at Loyal.

"...Death."

Sun held his hand over his mouth and looked at Fire. Fire didn't look at his brother.

"I don't believe you."

"Fine, don't. You're never going to pry the truth out of me, you pig God."

The creature spat at Loyal's face. Slowly, Loyal wiped the black spit off of his face and smeared it in the stone. Fire knelt down to the creature.

"I don't fancy monsters who hurt my brother. I'm going to get to the bottom of this."

"How?"

"I'll find out even if I have to torture you myself!"

The Deities and Guardians jumped back when Fire grabbed the creature and shoved it against the wall. Owl Flight held onto her friend.

"Who is your creator!!?"

"Let me go!"

"Answer me!!"

"Help!!"

Violently, Fire tore the arms off the creature and left them on the floor.

Loyal shut his eyes as Fire tortured the creature by tearing off its limbs until it was nothing but a head and torso.

"What's this..?"

Fire grabbed the creature by the hair and stared at its chest. The room filled with gasps of shock.

Right on the chest of the creature was a maroon lance pointing upward and one lance in pointing down making a cross.

...

...

...

...

Fire looked over at Loyal.

Loyal's nails broke into the stone floor. His head was down, but Fire could tell he was furious.

Everyone but Fire and Sun ran out to take their positions. Loyal threw his head back and yelled in anger:

"CORDELIAAAAA!!"