Chapter 223. The Gifts. Part Two

Back to Himitsu and Loyal...

Loyal stood still looking up at the night sky. The moon was full and glowing eerily at him.

Himitsu: Loyal.
Loyal: I think someone else should take my place as leader.
Himitsu: Who? No offense, but we suck at leading each other.
Loyal: Don't say that. Sun would be a good leader.
Himitsu: But he wasn't born for this.
Loyal: Have we tried yet?
Himitsu: No, but we shouldn't risk it.
Loyal: ...
Himitsu: None of us are born for your place, Loyal.
Loyal: No one?
Himitsu: No one.

Loyal held his gift in his hands rocking back and forth, Himitsu looked slightly annoyed at Loyal's hesitation.

Why isn't this kid saying yes? Himitsu cleared his throat loudly making Loyal jump.

Loyal: I'm not ready for this Kingdom, papa.
Himitsu: Don't you think it's time? Don't you think it's time to start preparing so you won't be a bumbling idiot when you get older?

Loyal's throat tightens after hearing what his father said; Loyal loved his deities and his father, but he wanted to stay a child a little while longer.

Trading?

Loyal trades his colors for a paintbrush that will paint the world his way?

Trade his stuff toys for the people he must take care of?

Trade his childhood to become a Ruler like his mother?

Loyal: I'm not ready for this!
Himitsu: Loyal!
Loyal: I love the people, yes and I love you and the others, but...
Himitsu: But...?
Loyal: I don't want to grow up now. I still want to be a child... Your baby.
Himitsu: We all have to grow up someday, Loyal.
Loyal: Not now, not yet...
Himitsu: Why are you so scared?
Loyal: I'm not good enough for them.
Himitsu: Will you stop saying that?
Loyal: Why? You said it to me, and you still think about it.

Loyal bowed his head in shame when Himitsu scowled fiercely at him. The temple echoed as if someone was in the place.

Someone?

Himitsu: So, you're going to back out on this?
Loyal: I'm sorry.
Himitsu: You have shamed me, Loyal. Me, your brother, and everyone who put their hope in you.
Loyal: Papa!

Stalking away, Himitsu elbowed Loyal aside hard enough to make him fall over.

Himitsu: I really expected more from you, Loyal. Is this what your mother died for? To give birth to a coward?

Shaking his head, Himitsu slammed the temple doors leaving Loyal alone in the dark temple. Trying hard not to cry, Loyal ran to the door and pounded his small fists on the door.

Loyal: Papa! I'm sorry! You're right, I am just a failure! Papa!! Can you hear me!?

Himitsu never answered his son who was banging on the doors yelling for him. Himitsu walked away from the temple again cursing the day Loyal was born.

Loyal: PAPA!!! I'm sorry for everything!!

Silence.

Loyal gradually stopped banging on the lock doors and placed his head on it.

"I'm sorry I was born..."

Crying softly, Loyal curled up into a ball on the cold floor wishing that Fire was here to comfort him.

No Death or Sun.

No Rayon and his family.

No Papa.

No one could hear Loyal's tears.

...

...

...

...

"Psst"

?

"Psst!"

Opening his eyes, Loyal looked up.

No one was there...

Rubbing his eyes, Loyal saw her.

A tall shadowy Goddess with long wavy black hair kneeling down to him. Her large glowing white eyes were filled with pain for Loyal.

"..."

"Loyal, right?"

"I am he."

"Wow, you're adorable, Loyal. This is the first time I get to meet you."

"Hullo."

"Stand up for me, let me have a look at you."

Not wanting to upset the Goddess, Loyal stood up calmly. The shadowy Goddess spun him around slowly looking at him up and down.

"My, my, Loyal. You're going to do great things one day."

"Who are you? How do you know my name?"

The tall Goddess towered over Loyal. Her long blue skirt had navy blue roses going across, and she was wearing a firey breastplate. Loyal saw the large sword on her back.

"I am Seishin. The Goddess of Life and Spirits."