Chapter 295. "Uncle"

Inside The Stranger's House.

Death sat on a wooden chair, scratching the cut on his hand and wondering why it itched so much. The stranger sat at the table just staring intently at Death making him feel nervous. Now that Death was in the light, he could see the strangers face more clearly. The stranger had a round face and his eyes were a deep brown to match with his short hair.

Death: I don't know what to call you. Can I call you Uncle?

The stranger nodded his head at Death laughing softly. Death smiled weakly and looked out the window. The rain was beginning to weaken, but it still wasn't safe to go out.

Death: Thank you for taking me in for a while.
Uncle: No problem, Death. Tell me, why were you in the rain?
Death: I was resting.
Uncle: Why didn't you seek shelter?
Death: Why should I? No one cares anymore.
Uncle: Where is your Family?

Death didn't answer but squeeze the mug in his hands. The trees scratched at the windows when the wind blew at them.

Death: My real Father is dead.
Uncle: You didn't have anyone to go to?
Death: No, my younger twin threw me out.
Uncle: Threw you out? Whatever for?
Death: He hates me because of what happened.
Uncle: But you did nothing.

Death bit down on his tongue. Why is this man asking so many questions? Why does he care? But hearing the man talk so gently to him made Death feel comfortable and safe.

Death: I kinda did... I killed him.

Closing his eyes, Death waited for Uncle to bombard him with questions, like, "How?" and "Why?" But, Uncle said nothing to Death but tap his fingers on the table.

Uncle: You poor boy.
Death: I didn't know a slap could kill him.
Uncle: Then it really isn't your fault, Death.
Death: But, my Brother said it was.
Uncle: Who is your Brother? What right did he have to throw you out?
Death: He does have the right to throw me away... His name is Loyal.
Uncle: Loyal?
Death: Ay, that's his name.
Uncle: He's the God of Life, right?
Death: Yeah.
Uncle: *Snorts* What a beautiful name for a heartless fucker.

Death stopped himself from agreeing. Uncle glanced over at Death with sad eyes.

Uncle: I didn't know you were his twin.
Death: Was. I was his twin.
Uncle: Poor thing. You lost your Father and your twin.
Death Yeah.
Uncle: Oh... I never thought Loyal would do this. Betray you when you needed him.
Death: It's alright, Uncle. I deserve this exile.
Uncle: Exile, huh? I remember when I was exiled.

Death looked up. Exiled?

Death: You were exiled?
Uncle: Yep.
Death: For what?
Uncle: For a murder that was an accident. Looks like we are alike.

Uncle smiled gently at Death who smiled back. The rain stopped, and only the wind blew.

Death: I'm sorry to hear that, Uncle.
Uncle: It's alright, Death. It's best to be alone.
Death: I don't like it.
Uncle: Why not?
Death: It hurts.
Uncle: It hurt me for a while, too, but I realized that they were not my friends if they did this to me.

Drinking his coffee, Death thought about Uncle's words. True. If they truly loved him, they would've forgiven him.

Death: I wish I wasn't alone. I wish my Father was here; that way we can be together again.
Uncle: I wish I could help you.
Death: There isn't anything you can do.
Uncle: Would it help if I told you I know someone who is a Spirit Summoner?

Death looked up at Uncle. A spirit summoner? Only Deities can do that.

Death: Who is this person? I want to see my father.
Uncle: He lives far away in the mountains, Death. It's a long journey for a thin boy like you.
Death: I'm going to find this Spirit Summoner, Uncle. Please help me.
Uncle: I'll do my best, Death.

Two hours passed and Uncle gave Death a map to find the Spirit Summoner. Excited, Death prepared to leave.

Death: I hope I get to see you again, Uncle.
Uncle: I hope so, too, Death. Good luck.

Death hugged his friend goodbye before leaving. The sun was beginning to rise lighting a way fro Death who whistled cheerfully.

Shadowy spirits gathered around at Amagna's Okubi's feet.

Amagna Okubi: I love Deities when they are so clear-minded, do you, Uncle?

Looking over his shoulder, Amagna Okubi cackled at the man on the floor. The man wasn't breathing, his dark brown eyes were wide open, but he stared into nothing.

Amagna Okubi: No hard feelings? I needed a body shell to talk with Death and you were the only one I saw here. Ciao.

Amagna Okubi flew off to beat Death to the mountains. The man that Amagna unmercifully murdered and possed laid there on the floor of his own home. Vultures gathered on the porch peeking in through the open door.