Chapter 300. Deities.

Years Later.

Story: HEY!! Get down from there, or you'll break your necks!!
Rock: Ma!! I'm not a baby anymore!!
Story: I don't care! Lakas!!
Lakas: Story, they are working!!
Story: Rock!!

Rolling his eyes, Rock and his older Sister climbed up higher breaking the marble with their hammers and chisels. Story was screaming at them to get down.

Mountain: Mama, move or the marble is going to land on you!!

Story scampered out of the way when the marble came gliding down the rocky slope.

Crash!!

Lakas looked out the window to see if Story was safe. Rock and Mountain hurried down to check on their prize.

Mountain: Perfect! Who shall we carve into it?
Rock: It's going to become a marble table, Mountain.
Mountain: Marble moving, everyone!! Let's get this out of here!!!

Rock's siblings and more Deities hurried over with their ropes and hooks. Story walked back to Lakas who was chipping away at a granite block.

Story: I don't like my babies doing such hard work.
Lakas: How old are they now, love?
Story: Rock is twenty-six and Mountain is twenty-nine.
Lakas: Well, they are not babies anymore, Story.
Story: All of this is such backbreaking labor.
Lakas: They enjoy it.
Story: But, Lakas-
Lakas: Don't worry, Story; Go do something you like.
Story: Call me when a boulder flattens them.

Lakas nodded his head and went back to work. Story walked off holding her books to her chest wondering if she'll ever let her babies grow up.

All of them left one by one to their homes leaving her in tears.

Ocean: Hello, Story.
Story: Hello, Ocean. How are yours?
Ocean: Little wifey is sad because her babies are gone.
Story: I can feel her pain.

While Ocean and Story talked, someone zoomed past them saying hello. in the distance, Faisceau was screaming at them to slow down.

Ocean: Was that Rayon?
Story: No.

At The Temples.

A tall God scribbled in his notebook pausing every five minutes to read what he wrote. Cloud and Earth sat next to him playing chess.

CRASH!!

Earth and Cloud didn't look up from their game. The God sighed after hearing the tables crashing into the wall. Wind stood up wiping the blood from his mouth.

Wind: Hey! Who do you think won?
Fire: Me, duh.
Wind: Yeah? Who won, Loyal?

Loyal turned around facing his crazy Brother and Friend. Fire grinned at him.

Loyal: Both, I guess.
Wind: Phooey.
Fire: What do we win?

Loyal pointed at the broken chairs and tables. Wind sighed seeing the prize.

Loyal was already twenty-three, and Fire guessed he grew up pretty well. Tall, a bit on the thin side, his hair was still short because Faisceau insisted that he kept it that way.

Still powerful.

Fire: What's new?
Loyal: I was reading that there are other Deities in different worlds.
Fire: I'd like to see that. Anything else?
Loyal: And how some Deities that are born from humans.
Wind: Humans! How about that, Earth?

Earth felt the heat rushing to her cheeks hearing Wind talk to her. Cloud rolled her eyes at Wind.

Cloud: Get to work and enough of this nonsense.
Wind: What do you say, Cloudy?
Cloud: It's absurd! No Human can give birth to a Deity.
Wind: I think it's true.
Earth: So do I!!

Cloud glared at the chess board hearing Earth agreeing with Wind. Loyal started to reach for his book, but Fire beat him to it.

Fire: This is the book, yes?
Loyal: Yes. I'm not sure if it's baloney or the truth.
Fire: It's bull-

Loyal frowned at Fire.

Fire: Bulloney. Hon, hon.
Cloud: Oh, God.

Wind and Fire cracked up laughing at Fire's stupid joke. Loyal smiled at them and went back to his book.

Were there other Deities?