Chapter 245. Fire's Birthday. Part Three.

After dealing with the fireworks, hysterical Sun, the crying Goddesses, the smoke inside the house, and Loyal, the party went on. Rayon and Faisceau happily watched Fire laughing with his friends about the firework fiasco. Sun held his head in his hands the whole time his friends talked.

Fire scooted closer to his brother and patted his shoulders.

Fire: Hi.
Sun: Hey.
Fire: What's wrong.
Sun: Nothing.
Fire: You did a fantastic job on the party, Sun!
Sun: Yeah, but that stupid Wind aimed the firework at the house.
Wind: I said I was sorry.
Sun: Then Death threw a used match in the firework box which set off the rest of the fireworks.
Death: I didn't know that would happen, Sun, honest.
Fire: The party was amazing! Everyone is having so much fun, Sun!

Sun looked up to see his friends.

Water and Cloud were singing and dancing around the room. Sand was hitting a balloon around the room with Earth.

Rock was in the kitchen helping Rayon make another cake with Faisceau. One of Rock's brothers were cleaning the room with Wind as they made jokes with each other. Rain was with Rock's older sister and Loyal as they placed cardboard over the broken window.

Despite the damage in the room, everyone was happy. Sun sighed gloomily and stared at Fire.

Sun: I just wanted this party to be perfect for you, Fire.
Fire: Why this one, Sun?
Sun: You are thirteen, Fire! That's a big change in life.
Fire: Not really. I'm not a child anymore nor a man.
Sun: But, this is the age when things start to change in your life.
Fire: Like what?
Sun: Goddesses no longer have cooties.
Fire: Huh?
Sun: Never mind, Fire.

Sun tried to block out the image of Moon in his mind. A few months back, Sun was spying on Moon before he left to his house.

Fire sat there puzzled with Death who were just as confused. Wind rolled his eyes.

Death: What does Sun mean, Fire? What will change?
Fire: I don't know.
Wind: You'll see soon.

Looking at his friend, Fire asked Wind another question that he refused to answer. Rayon and Faisceau peeked in from the kitchen sweating nervously.

Sun: Anyway, are you sure this party went well, Fire?
Fire: The best one ever, Sun!
Sun: You're not just saying that?
Fire: Of course not!
Sun: If you're happy, then I am, too.

Sun leaned over and hugged Fire. Death and Wind ran off to give Sun and Fire privacy.

Sun: I love you, Happy Birthday.
Fire: Thanks, I love you, too.

Faisceau wiped her eyes when she saw her sons hugging each other, Rayon smiled at the sight.

Beep Beep!

Rock hurried over to the oven and pulled out the cake.

Rock: Mmmh! Smells good, Rayon!
Rayon: I know, thanks for helping me, Rock.
Rock: Anytime.
Faisceau: Why don't you go with your friends, Rock? I will help Rayon with this cake.

Rock left to the living room where the others were waiting for him.

After opening the gifts and blowing out the candles again, it was time to go home.

After Fire friends left, Sun and Fire sat in the kitchen with their parents.

Faisceau: What a day.
Rayon: Just as crazy thirteen years ago.
Faisceau: Yep.
Fire: This party was fantastic!
Sun: I'm glad. Happy birthday, Fire.

Fire grinned at his brother who grinned back. Rayon and Faisceau smiled at each softly.

Birthdays. You never know what's going to happen.